Monday, June 02, 2008

Another Graduation!!!

Yay for Nina!! Today she graduated out of speech therapy!! Here's what her speech therapist put on her final "home visit" sheet:

"Nina has acheived all of her IFSP goals and is scoring at the 24 month level in cognition and communication! Yay! She no longer qualifies for services at this time."

I can't even tell you how happy I am about this! It's just so amazing the progress that Nina made in the last 6 months. She went from 1 word to 30+ words and signs and has begun to use 2 word phrases like " movie please" and "more milk". Her therapists Ms. Diane and Ms. Kelly told me they are so happy with her progress, but that they are going to miss visiting her. They are very sweet ladies and I credit them with much of Nina's progress. So today is a happy day! I think I am going to take the kids to the grocery store to get a little cake or something for us to celebrate tonight. We're gonna have another graduation party - this time for little Nina!

(Oh that cheeser smile!!)

16 comments:

Cami said...

I LOVE that smile!! She is doing so great.

Jann said...

What a great thing. She is so cute.

Christie said...

I lOVE THE SMILE!!! She is so cute! Yeah Nina. :-)

Mendy said...

Yay for sweet little Nina! I love this photo of her. It's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Good job nina, and i'm sure mom needs a little praise too for the extra devotion! your a great mom Jenni!

Anonymous said...

She looks like a female Benjamin! So glad she's done so well.

Meg said...

Congratulations to Nina and Adrian! And that is an adorable picture, awwww.

Brenda said...

Jenni that is awesome! I bet you are so relieved.

the design boss said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Nina!! and a big Congrates to Mom as well!

Deb said...

that is wonderful news! and a huge relief for you, too, i'm sure!

Corinne said...

GO Nina!! That smile is a riot :)

Joni said...

That's so great! She's doing well and it was short and sweet -- my idea of the perfect sort of therapy! (We got a letter for Caleb. If I think he's okay then I don't need to call for another appointment and that's it -- he's graduated too!)

Jeri said...

Congrats Nina! =)She looks like such a big girl now!

Kellie said...

That smile says it all!

ashlee said...

fantastic! that must feel so good. what a great smile, too!

Jen Crook said...

Way to go Nina...and DOUBLE way to go mom and dad! What a great thing to be through.