Friday, October 10, 2008

Couch Potato Thursday Nights

Just as an update we did enjoy Eleventh Hour last night. I must admit it wasn't the best pilot I've ever seen, but I think as a series it could be nice. I guess future episodes will tell. I always enjoyed the weekly weird hunts of X-Files and that's what this show seems to be. I was a little miffed that Rufus wasn't using his natural accent, which is awesome, but instead seemed to be pulling an American or country of unknown origin accent. But his voice is still cool no matter what so I'm okay.

Another show we watched last night on our Thursday night of complete couch-potatoness was Life on Mars. I had seen the British version of this show on BBC America once and was intrigued by the concept, but never really watched it again. Well last night's American pilot of the series was really really good. Thank goodness for our DVR because we were able to record both The Eleventh Hour and Life on Mars since they play at the same time. The funniest thing though was seeing Lisa Bonet!! When she came on the screen I kept saying look it's Lisa Bonet! I hadn't seen her since the Cosby Show!

So it seems like Thursday is now our favorite TV night! We have 3 shows - The Office (Meredith!! Oh last night was horribly awesome!!), The Eleventh Hour and Life on Mars - fun for us. What did you guys think of the shows last night??

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I recorded Life on Mars, still haven't watched it. I also recorded, but haven't watched, My Name is Earl, The Office, Kath & Kim, but I did manage to have time to watch Survivor. Holy cow, Thursdays are busy! I'll let you know what I think of Life on Mars. Thanks for not ruining The Office for me!

Cami said...

Yeah, so my tivo recorded an entire hour of gray instead of Eleventh Hour. Argh. But if it's X-filesish, maybe I'll decide against it, because I'm already watching Fridge, which is awesomely a mix between X-Files and Lost.

The Office was HORRIBLE. I'll tell you what, though, I've been looking for that part where Jim is holding the stopwatch and talking to Andy about Battlestar Galactica to post on my blog, because it was pretty dang funny. That makes me such a nerd.

Jenny said...

I recorded Eleventh Hour, but haven't watched it yet. Like Cami, I've also started watching Fringe. It's pretty good.

Christie said...

Ahhh, too much talk about the office... I haven't seen it yet!!!!. You and Cami both. :-) Glad you like your shows.

Corinne said...

How funny! My first comment to Cami about it was that I was so bummed I didn't get to hear Rufus's real accent :)

Mendy said...

Yeah, that Meredith, she never ceases to amaze me! I'm missing you on Thursday nights, Jenni!

Kellie said...

I will just have to live vicariously through all of you. Enjoy the new season for sure. I did catch The Office and agree with Cami, the best moments were Jim timing Dwight's wasted seconds. I may have to check out Rufus on TV. He is yummy.