
Today I feel like I'm sitting in a little house in the middle of a snow-globe; it's been snowing fluffy flakes all day. I really love looking out on the snow, its beautiful and I feel very cozy staying indoors with the heater turned up. I might even make some cookies or something just to complete the comfy snowy day feeling. I took some pictures as a sort of random thoughts photo montage:

This is my snowy-day-stuck-inside sweater. I believe I've had this sweater since 9
th or 10
th grade and it makes me feel so cozy whenever I wear it, but its got that big and
poofy early 90's sweater style so I don't wear it in public very often (so not flattering:)).

Ben and Nina have been playing together so nicely today, thankfully. When Sophie gets home from school I might bundle them all up and send them out to the backyard for some snowy fun.
Tinker Bell is on every day in our house lately and today is no exception. It's kind of cute, but over and over... Not so cute. Honestly, I really have no ground to stand on when I get annoyed with my kids watching the same show over and over. I used to torture my family with persistent
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory viewing and I'm still that way with a certain movie now.... I guess it might be genetic or karma.:)

This is the horrible stocking situation. We used to not have a fireplace so the stockings were under the tree where you really don't notice them... But now the sad one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other stocking on the right is very visible. Poor Nina... This is why I tried to find her a new stocking during our Utah trip. I'm probably going to have to make her one myself. We'll see if my sewing abilities are up to the task.
11 comments:
Oh Nina is getting so big... and look at your long hair! It was fun to get a peek into your snowy day.
we have the same crazy stocking situation. We need to find someone who knits like Mendy's mom!
I had a ton of those big poofy sweaters. How did we ever think they looked flattering? I can't believe all your snow! I don't think I'll visit you in the winter.
This is a fun blog. Ummm . . . my kids had a different lame-o stocking every year, until this year I splurged and got some from Pottery Barn Kids--with NAMES on them! WOO! But since some were back ordered, I had to get ones that aren't the MOST popular styles . . . I almost bought an extra, cause what in the world if I have another one? How do you match THEN?
What a fun glimpse into your day. I definitely felt the insular coziness that a snowy day brings. I love your snowy-day sweater, by the way.
Lovely post. I love your sweater...I have one too. =) Who is that big girl sitting next to Ben?
Your kids are getting so big. I loved seeing your snowing life, and your comfy sweater.
I, too, love that cozy feeling of a snow day. Especially if I can stay home and do stuff like bake, read, and drink hot chocolate. Not that that happens very often, but...you know.
I still need to make Henry a stocking. I bought extra fabric when I made the other 4, in case I had another kid, so I have stuff to match. Now I just need to find the time to sit down and do it.
Nina's pig tails are adorable! :) I love your idea of a montage for a snowy day! Fun peek into your day.
i have a sweater like that! comfy, but not for public consumption. :) how did the cookies turn out?
HEY!! I HAVE that crazy stocking situation as well. My poor boys. I have a sick day sweatshirt that I got in 11th grade. Big and poofy hoodie, of course :)
Post a Comment