Sunday, July 04, 2010

Love and Happiness of the Fourth Kind

Happy 4th of July!! I love my country! I love that we celebrate that love with fireworks and barbecues. I loved sitting out on my porch last night with my family watching the town fireworks below. (Good thing the town fireworks were on the 3rd because there's a big old thunder storm going on tonight.) It was hilarious to hear Nina wowing and aahhing and exclaiming very loudly "OOh a PINK one!!" every minute or so. Then there was also the throwing of pops at the ground by Sophie and Ben (Nina opted out of throwing pops - she still doesn't like loud sounds), followed by them stomping around to get any pops that hadn't popped. We all took turns taking pictures of the fireworks and of course I made everyone pose for a couple of pictures too. We had fun. Hope your 4th of July weekend was fun and full of love too!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Very fun! We found out we have a nice view of the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from our front porch. Hoorah! But we're doing neighborhood celebrations tomorrow. What a weird weekend it's been!

Jann said...

What fun. I wish ours were on the 3rd. I also wish we could see them from our front porch. Awesome.

Jen Crook said...

Happy holiday to you guys!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I went to a Sting concert 10 years ago. It was amazing. The musicians were so talented and of course, his music brought me back to my childhood.

Jenny said...

Fun! I wondered if you guys had a good view of them from your house. Very nice!

Corinne said...

Wahoo! What a great 4th!! I can't wait until Preston lets us watch fireworks :)