Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Weekend





I had the best birthday weekend!! Adrian and I went on a date last Friday night to the King Tut exhibit which was awesome! I got to see one of my favorite ancient works of art, a statue of the Pharaoh Akhenaten and the audio tour of the exhibit was narrated by Harrison Ford. How cool is that?! Then on Saturday we went, with Jenny and her family, to the BYU vs. Air Force game in Colorado Springs. Sadly the Cougars didn't do so well, but it was still lots of fun. When we got home I was shocked to see my garage doors covered with hearts and a happy birthday sign. I was heart-attacked by some wonderfully kind friends who made me feel so loved. Then there was the family party on Sunday with cake (delicious peanut butter chocolate cake!) and ice cream and presents and cards. I was spoiled. Thank you thank you to my husband, family, and sweet friends who made my birthday special! I'm a lucky girl and you made me feel much better about turning 33!:)

9 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

I saw the picture and wondered (before I read the text) if you were at the AFA. Good times! :) Wish we could have been there too. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for your card...we got it yesterday. Your new home is beautiful!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was full of celebrations. And thank you for the card. I have your address all saved in my files!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

How fun that you got heart-attacked! Glad you had a fun birthday weekend!

ashlee said...

what a great day! we were at the game, too! i wish we'd run into each other!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday! You know if you were here we would have taken you out for a massive shopping spree and huge dinner! So you need to come back!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jann said...

I am sorry I am so late at wishing you a happy birthday. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I can't wait to see you.

Corinne said...

WAHOO!! 33 is awesome, I'm glad you've joined me :)