Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prom Times

I gotta post about the PROM I went to last weekend! Who would've thought Adrian and I would get to go to prom! Jenny and Matt and a group of friends from their ward decided to throw a prom and we were invited too. It was uber fun!

The prom experience started with a trip to the salon with Jenny. We both got up-dos and it was the first time I have ever had an up-do. It was awesome! And wow not a hair moved that whole day - there was more hairspray than hair in my up-do!

We got a corsage and boutonniere for the occasion and it even matched my dress, which was a formal borrowed from Jenny. We had Sophie take the ubiquitous putting on the corsage and boutonniere pictures and then off we went to the dance. It was at a community center clubhouse and one of Jenny and Matt's friends DJed. Neither Adrian or I are dancers, but we did shake it and it was so lovely to get to dance with my sweetheart. I was at a loss during the Macarena. I really didn't know that people including my husband knew how to do that dance! Like he really knew how to do it - I could tell he'd had some practice! We requested our song, "There is a Light that Never Goes Out" by The Smiths and I delighted in Adrian singing it to me in the cheesiest way possible as we danced. I love my man. It was such a great night and I think fun times were had by all.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Not only do I know the Macarena (it was played at every Stake Dance I went to), I know a variation of it that was popular in my area of Texas! :)

Prom was AWESOME.

Jared - Christina said...

You looks so pretty, Jenni! Really? That was the first up do you've ever had??
This looks so much fun! I'll take any event I can which means getting dressed up and dancing! Maybe we should host a prom here...hmmm....:)

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

You looked fabulous for the big night!

Corinne said...

Holy cow. I have never seen such a thing - how super fun!

Heidi said...

Awesome! How do I arrange for a prom in my area (and a babysitter to go with it)?!!

Jann said...

What fun.

Kellie said...

The updo suits you! As does that fabulous color of blue. I'm glad you went to the effort to make this memory. And now I'm going to go listen to the Smiths. Because they're awesome.

Deb said...

wow. how fun! all the joys of prom without the annoyance of a prom date you don't really like. :)

Jeri said...

What a blast! Jenni, I thought that was an OLD picture! From high school or college days. LOVE IT!

Hey Macarena!

Cami said...

Very fun! That sounds like an awesome time.

Tracy said...

Love it! You look so young!

Jen Crook said...

How fun!