I know this is more than a week overdue, but we had a very fun Valentine's day. We had our traditional Valentine's breakfast together; this year it was caramel pull-aparts with orange juice. And I gave everyone a book, candy, and Valentine. Adrian got a book of math riddles (and he loved it, oh how I love my geeky man), Sophie got The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan, Ben got The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and Nina got an Angelina Ballerina book. I got myself this copy of Jane Eyre - how cool is that?! Happy Valentine's day to me! Fun morning. Then when the kids got home from school and Adrian got home from work we had spaghetti and meatballs, which had also become a tradition I think because I really loved Lady and The Tramp when I was little. And after dinner we all went to Gnomeo and Juliet. The kids loved it. I think it was cute and entertaining, but must admit that the story of Romeo and Juliet with a happy ending just isn't right. But of course I wouldn't take my kids to a movie with a double suicide at the end... So Gnomeo and Juliet fit the bill for a fun Valentine's family movie night.
Just to add a little Ghost of Valentine's Past tidbit, for our first Valentine's day together I got Adrian a really nice copy of the tragedies of William Shakespeare thinking it was a super romantic gift - mostly because of how much I love Romeo and Juliet. Adrian thought it was super weird, not being a big Romeo and Juliet fan himself, but he still loved me so it all worked out.:)
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment