Back to recipes. I do have a system for my recipes, but because I'm such a horrible hoarder when it comes to recipes every couple of years I have to overhaul my recipe binders and make new recipe binders for all the loose recipes I have stuffed into them. I keep all my real cookbooks on the bookshelves in our loft, but I have a bunch of self-made cookbook-binders that I keep in the pantry with all our favorite recipes and the myriad of recipes I want to try. These cookbook binders are lovingly referred to by their color, so there's the Blue Cookbook (or Family Favorites Vol.1), the White Cookbook (Family Favorites Vol.2), and the Green Cookbook (all the recipes I want to try). Once a recipe from the green cookbook has been tried and liked it moves to the back of the white cookbook. Very boring it may seem but for me this has been such a happy organizing time! I LOVE office supply stores and had quite a fun time with Sophie at Staples getting new page protectors, and presentation binders for a couple of the new cookbooks. I think I could spend an hour in Staples just going up and down the isles, and don't get me started on my own personal Mecca - The Container Store... Thankfully those who love me have found a way to endure my containerizing/organizing issues...
Anywho, here's the result:
Doesn't she look ecstatic?? Yay that donuts are considered "good eating"!! Awesome! I love this genre of ads/pictures in general for the satire; they are good for a chuckle. I especially love the picture below because I have THAT cookbook she's holding!! Isn't that awesome! I found it whilst antiquing with Jenny a few months ago (can you tell that I'm very happy to say I went antiquing:)). There was even a hand written banana cake recipe folded into the pages of the cookbook. I love finds like that! I'm also tickled with this particular picture because it looks like she is in the middle of some kind of epiphany over what kind of muffins to make. That must be how I looked when I thought to add a bit of nutmeg to my broccoli cheese soup recipe.:)

13 comments:
You're very cool if you thought to add nutmeg to your broccoli cheese soup. I found a recipe online that's wonderful (supposed to be a copy of Panera's). Anyway, it has nutmeg and a smidge of dijon in it. I never would have thought of putting nutmeg in it, but apparently it's key!
You crack me up. This was fun to read! I get looks of ecstasy too, but it's usually when my latest Boden splurge arrives in the mail:) Rarely cooking! You've got me motivated to sort through all my recipes and get them into something, rather than a file on the computer.
Those pictures are so fun. Come organize my recipes. Please!
How cool that she's got the same cookbook as the one we found at the Red Barn!
I love your recipe binders. I'm such an organization nut, too. I could spend forever in The Container Store.
You are such the Betty Crocker/happy homemaker/Martha Stewart queen! I think you're going to have to teach an Enrichment class on your skills!
I love it! I thing you are the coolest Jenni! Those retro pictures are so great. I can't stop staring at them.
You've inspired me too.
Oh, I love organizing things too! And what a great idea you have for the recipes. Maybe I will try it. My mom just made her fourth recipe book and sent it to me, and I love it (it has most of my fav recipes), but I also have some hanging around that I haven't found a place for. You're my inspiration!
Unfortunately I was not born with the organization gene. Anytime you feel the need you just come on over and organize anything you want!!
I miss you. And I use that cookbook you gave me ALL the time :)
I love the retro photos. I have a collection of old knitting patterns from the same time period, with the same looks of ephiphany on the faces. So fun. I really like your organization system-it just makes sense!
nothing says good eating like deep fried donuts. :) and i love staples too.
Ok, I have the perfect idea for you...get all those recipes onto blurb and made into a book...then it can be sold and you make money and the rest of us have all your favorite recipes for our sorry families who are starving...great idea eh?
Lovely! I love the container store too. Oh, how I could spend millions of dollars there . . .
Post a Comment