Saturday, May 02, 2009
Now this is blog worthy
As of today we are totally unpacked! Every box! It has taken us over 8 months but today we went through all the unpacked boxes in the basement, organized our food storage, and now have huge piles to be taken to the Salvation Army. I think I must have got the spring cleaning bug and suckered Adrian into spending the whole day hefting boxes around. It feels so good to not have all those boxes and piles of stuff lurking in the basement making me feel twitchy. Once we got it all cleaned out the kids went down there and were astonished by how clean it was (they had been riding their bikes and trikes amidst the mess for months). We rewarded ourselves with dinner out, because honestly who feels like cooking after a crazy day of dejunking. My particular reward was a big Frostie. Now I just have to organize a few closets and hang pictures... Hanging pictures always seems to be that last phase of settling into a house for us and hopefully that will happen soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
You've been gone 8 months!?!?! Wow! It's good to hear you're finally settled. Good luck with the picture hanging portion. That always takes me forever too.
Yay! Isn't it great to work together on stuff like that.
Yay for being unpacked!
way to go! we've been here 3 years and have no plans to finish unpacking...it's a big unfinished basement, what can i say? ;)
I think it's time for a visit since you've been gone so long! What a nice feeling to be decluttered! I wish I felt it!
Congratulations! I too was shocked when I read 8 months, but it was because I blieve it took me more like 3 years to finally get settled!
Miss you!
Nice job! It reminds me of The Incredibles when she's so proud of finally being unpacked years later. Someday maybe I'll be unpacked too. First I'll have to have a house though . . .
We still have a basement full of boxes, and we have been here 31/2 years.
I'm jealous!!! Since we just moved in to our new house on saturday, i can only imagine all these darn boxes emptied out into their respective places..hopefully that day will come soon!
isn't that the best feeling in the world.. to be clean and organized, good job!
yes! THAT is a good feeling!
and we're STILL hanging pictures on the walls. you're moving at light speed.
Wow! We are just starting to pack again for another move...the joys of living in apartments. Can you send some of your boxes our way? :)
WAHOO!!! NICELY DONE. I'm impressed, friend. I wish I could come enjoy it with you :)
Post a Comment