Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DON'T PUT YOUR HANDS NEAR YOUR EYES OR BITE YOUR FINGER NAILS AFTER CHOPPING JALEPENOS

Seriously, don't. Ouch!!! Ahhhh!!! Ouch!!! Lesson learned.

8 comments:

Joni said...

I did that once. Chopped up tiny red jalepenos, washed my hands, took out my contacts two hours later. MUCH screaming ensued.

Heidi said...

Oh, ouch! I'm so sorry!

Jenni said...

Joni, that was me! I totally washed my hands and everything, but then I rubbed my eyes... Dang!

Christie said...

ooooh ouch!

Jann said...

That is terrible. I hope you have recovered!

Jenny said...

When I was a kid, my brother, me, and a couple neighbor kids decided to pick some of the jalepenos growing in our neighbor's garden. We seeded them, and went door to door selling jalepeno seeds. Wet, juicy ones that you wouldn't be able to plant. Why we did this, I have no idea. (And I can only imagine what the people on my street thought when a gaggle of neighbor kids knocked on their door trying to sell them jalepeno goo.) You should have seen us by the time all this was over. My brother's eyes were red, swollen, and tearing up. My mouth was red and swollen. Everyone had some form of redness, because what kid doesn't touch their face all the time? That was when I learned to 1)not play with jalepeno seeds and 2) not touch your face after touching jalepenos. Evil little peppers. :)

Kellie said...

Been there. So sorry. The worst. Ever.

Cami said...

OH dear. I just don't chop jalepenos. Problem solved.