Thursday, June 25, 2009

News Overload

Isn't it kind of a crazy week for news?? I almost can't process everything going on in the world. At the beginning of this week I was so crushed and heartbroken over the story of Neda the 16 year old girl killed during the protests in Iran. So tragic. It made me teary that the chants of the protesters became, "I am Neda!" the day after her death. The image of her tragic death will be a point in history just like that iconic image of the young man in front of the tank in Tienanmen Square. So so sad. Then the news of the metro accident in DC. That was scary to me having been on that metro line so many times. And then all the celebrities that have passed away. Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson today. I'm actually watching some coverage of Michael Jackson's death on the news right now. Whoa, who could have expected that? I'm not a huge Michael Jackson fan but Billie Jean and Thriller are moments in my childhood that I will always remember. And for him to have passed away at only 50 years old is very shocking. So anyways, I don't know about you but I'm experiencing serious news overload and I'm sure the coverage on Michael Jackson has just begun. Maybe I should take a time-out and watch some nice period costume drama that has nothing to do with everything going on right now. Persuasion here I come!

7 comments:

Christie said...

I totally agree! It has been crazy. I don't watch the news, but this week, you can't help but know what is going on!

supersonicjan said...

You didn't mention Ed McMahon, which makes me realize that things really do come in threes. Weird. Anyway, you forgot the most important part, which is: which Persuasion? The old (arguably more accurate) one, or the new one with HOT Cpt Wentworth?

Lynette said...

I agree with the news overload! I actually rarely watch the actual news b/c i hate all the negative-ness of it...but all this news is so big that you can't help but hear about it. I'll go back and live in my bubble now :)

Jenny said...

There has been a lot of big news lately, hasn't there? The metro crash sunk home, since I've ridden it so many times, and might be riding it in the near future.

Jenni said...

Janae, oh definitely the new HOT Captain Wentworth one! I actually have watched it twice now since writing this post.:)

Tracy said...

It's crazy what's happening. I agree, some Jane Austen movies would hit the spot!

Deb said...

seriously. sometimes i have to take a break from the news.

and i had to run for the metro today and ended up in the front car. it was a little nerve-wracking, almost like it was the week after 9-11 and the first planes started flying over d.c. again.

i think we live in the wrong place. maybe we should move to colorado. oh wait, you keep having tornadoes, hmmm.... :)