Saturday, August 01, 2009

Our Birthday Girls at 10 and 3

My girls are now 10 and 3!! Crazy. Sophie is in the double digits! It's starting to get a little more difficult to make them both happy with a combined party (their birthdays are on the same day), so Sophie celebrated last week by going with her best friend to the movie G-Force and then out to lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger. Nina of course wanted a princess cake, but we made both Nina and Sophie happy with a Dairy Queen ice cream cake with flowers on it. Who isn't happy with an ice cream cake, right?! I can already tell that in the years to come they might have more qualms with having to share their birthdays, but I'm sure we'll work it out. Happy birthday girls!

11 comments:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Happy birthday ladies. How fun to have double the fun. Dairy Queen cake....yummm....

Christie said...

Wow Nina looks so big!!!! I can't believe it! Happy Birthday girls!

Tracy said...

That is tough trying to make them both happy with the age difference. You're just going to have to start making two cakes. I can't believe how old Nina looks! Good look with the preteens. I hope it goes easier for you than it is for me so far! Happy Birthday to your sweet girls!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! What a nice pic of both girls.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

How fun to have two birthdays on the same day! Hope you had fun.

Jenny said...

Happy birthday to Nina and Sophie!

Jared - Christina said...

Nina is 3??? Sophie is 10??? That FLEW by! I need to plan a birthday party for my birthday girl! :)

ashlee said...

such a darling picture!

Jann said...

My goodness, they both look so grown up. Happy birthday girls!

Corinne said...

This picture of them is SO cute - Nina looks SO BIG!!

Cami said...

Umm, OH my gosh. i don't think you post enough pictures of Nina, because I was sure that was a cousin or something!!!! She looks way too big. Is that going to happen to me? I'm scared.