Okay, so I'm getting the stuff done, but it just seems like I'm doing every thing last minute and I'm feeling a little frazzled and worried that I'm going to forget something. Which reminds me I need to get Ben's birthday party invites out like today! And I need to start thinking about what I'm going to wear to Adrian's company party. Ugh. I need a versatile black dress, but really don't want to go shopping for one... Or spend the money right now on one. What a crazy time of year this is. I really am trying to feel the Christmas spirit and focus on all the beautiful and positive things of this season so I need to cut down on the frazzledness. How do you do that?? I guess I'll focus on how all of this stuff I'm doing is to help celebrate the Saviors birth. That's why we put together and attend Christmas parties, make treat plates, and buy gifts like the magi did to celebrate His birth and if I keep that in mind hopefully I'll make through all this with the right spirit.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Frazzled and Hopeful
Okay, so I'm getting the stuff done, but it just seems like I'm doing every thing last minute and I'm feeling a little frazzled and worried that I'm going to forget something. Which reminds me I need to get Ben's birthday party invites out like today! And I need to start thinking about what I'm going to wear to Adrian's company party. Ugh. I need a versatile black dress, but really don't want to go shopping for one... Or spend the money right now on one. What a crazy time of year this is. I really am trying to feel the Christmas spirit and focus on all the beautiful and positive things of this season so I need to cut down on the frazzledness. How do you do that?? I guess I'll focus on how all of this stuff I'm doing is to help celebrate the Saviors birth. That's why we put together and attend Christmas parties, make treat plates, and buy gifts like the magi did to celebrate His birth and if I keep that in mind hopefully I'll make through all this with the right spirit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Those cookies look good. Feel free to mail me some. Please and thanks ;)
The cookies look fabulous! I have a really easy recipe for Walnut pie. I like it better than pecan, not quite as sweet. I will send it to you, if you would like.
I'm feeling frazzled, too. I feel like Christmas is sneaking up on me and I've missed out on the important part. Did you see the question and answer section in the December Ensign yet? I'll definitely be making some changes next year so that I can focus more on the nonstressful parts of Christmas.
Good luck getting everything done. You're way ahead of me!
This is definitely a crazy time of year. Take a deep breath, it will be over soon! And have fun at the parties!
Christmas sure is hectic, isn't it? It's my goal to get it all done this week so I can spend the next two weeks doing relaxing Christmasy things like watching movies and such.
Nicole, yes please I would love your walnut pie recipe - yum!
The treat plates look lovely :)
Yum! Your plates are the cutest! I am impressed Jenni, you are doing it all!
Good luck on the dress hunt! I wish I was there to go with you. I love a good dress hunt. =)
I'm with you on the doing stuff back when it still felt really early and now all of a sudden, bam! it's right here. Those treat plates look awesome by the way.
I may be too late with this, but there's a cute black dress at Wrought'n Apples. (I'm wearing the purple version of it today to church). :)
That was early! I did half of my treats and then gave up. Sad.
Post a Comment