- Adrian is my rock. He is incredibly even keeled and I love that I can always rely on him to be calm and handle everything with sanity and deep thinking (let's just say I'm pretty much the opposite so I'm very fortunate to have him).
- Adrian really does love Scifi in a way that I will never understand, but I find it endearing. I love that he is that cliched computer geek with a vast knowledge of classic and contemporary Scifi to prove it. We had his birthday cake on Star Wars paper plates and he of course held his Darth Vadar plate over his face and told each of the kids "Sophie/Ben/Nina I am your father" in his best James Earl Jones impression.
- Adrian loves Nyquil. He only takes it when he is sick, but I really think he would be a boozer if he wasn't a firm believer in the Word of Wisdom. Just saying. :) I think it's so funny and love to make fun of him about it!
- From my last post you may have noticed that Adrian sets up all our dates. I love that he calls the babysitter and plans things out. Isn't that awesome?!
- Adrian is in charge of bedtime with the kids. I love this and it is his special daddy time with each of them. I read books and give hugs and kisses, but Adrian tucks the kiddos in and brushes teeth and all that. I love that he is a hands on daddy and always has been. When we had little babies he would change diapers in the middle of the night and bring babies to me for feedings. Thanks for being a wonderful dad Adrian!
- Adrian can put anything together. Flat packed furniture? No problem. A new toy, bike, bunk beds, big ol' swing set, anything... It's amazing. In fact, when we had only been dating like a week or something he came over to my house and helped my sister and her husband put together all their kids' Christmas stuff (they got little ATVs and other various assembly-required things). My brother-in-law took me aside and said "Jenni, this guy is a keeper". I agreed.:)
- I love Adrian's dry sense of humor. He is funny. And because he is so quiet I love his jokes even more because they are pretty much just for me (and the kids) and that makes me feel special. We also both love British humor especially because it's dry - Vicar of Dibley, Father Ted (which is actually Irish), Absolutely Fabulous, Keeping Up Appearances, Dr. Who, and Red Dwarf are some of our favorites.
- Most of all I love my man because he is truly good. He does the right thing and has a wonderful testimony. He loves Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and our family. He truly has the right priorities and I'm so glad that my children are growing up with him as their example of a righteous man and husband. Adrian inspires me to be a better person.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Happy Birthday Adrian!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I think Adrian is AWESOME too, and not just because I'm his sister. I'm glad he has you in his life, you compliment each other. Happy be-lated Birthday!
ahhh....so nice. You are right he is a keeper! What a fun day!
Happy Birthday Adrian. I can't believe how much all three kids look just like him!
He is a good daddy and husband! It IS awesome that he sets up all the dates. Sometimes I make Jake do that, but he'd rather I set up the babysitting. Happy B-day! (I miss Chee Burger!)
You are a lucky lady (and he's a lucky dude :)
You mentioned that you husband bound your blog. How did he do that? Did he do it himself or use a website or something?
Happy Birthday Adrian. It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun.
Nicole, he did make it into a paperback book with Blurb(a website). I love it!
Post a Comment