Friday, March 19, 2010

Punked

If I could take a moment to compare Colorado's weather to a celebrity it would definitely be Ashton Kutcher and I totally feel punked. It was beautiful, nay gorgeous, for the past 3 days. My kids played outside everyday after school with bubbles and sidewalk chalk and trips to the park and everything. We had BBQ sandwiches and fruit salad for dinner the other night and it felt like June for pete's sake. And what did I wake up to today?? Snow. Snow. And it's still snowing. I guess they say 5-10 inches. Whatever. I'm kinda mad. I know this is totally expected for March weather around here, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Sure if it was cold this week and then today we had snow I would have been fine, but once you break out the flip flops it's SO hard to put on Uggs. Yes, Colorado is a beautiful state with awesome skies and beautiful weather (sometimes), but it is also a persistent trickster who lures you into thinking about the lazy days of summer right before it dumps a whopper storm on you. I guess I'll get used to it all someday, but for now I am reserving the right to feel ticked on days like this. I'll get over it soon. I'm still a little grumpy because it's morning, but I'm sure baking a batch of cookies or bread will help me feel some snow love.

3 comments:

Jeri said...

I would be so mad! I hope that snow storm doesn't have plans to sneak over here!

I hope it melts really quickly!

Anonymous said...

I can't ever get used to this weather!

ashlee said...

i feel your pain. take heart though--it only took me three years to be OK with this kind of scenario/weather!!