Friday, June 11, 2010

Sting and the BEST concert EVER

Last night Adrian and I went to see Sting at Red Rocks. I can't even explain accurately how amazing the concert was. It was hands down the best concert that I have ever been to (better than the Tori Amos concert for Under the Pink, just Tori and her piano, which I believed was the concert to beat all concerts until last night). It made me love Sting even more than I did before. Sting is AWEsome. His voice was as clear as a bell and because of the acoustics at Red Rocks it sounded amazing. AMAZING! He sounded better live than he does on his albums. How is that even possible? It was incredible to witness.

This Symphonicity Tour is a world tour that Sting is doing with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. It was like the "Best Of Sting" live with a full orchestra. Each song was just different enough with all the beautiful layered sound that it took a minute to figure out what song it was. Fields of Gold - so beautiful and touching. Why Should I Cry For You - gorgeous. And then Moon Over Bourbon Street - SO cool. I was tickled pink when he said "And the next song is about a vampire..." I started clapping and "WOOO"ing! You can't imagine how cool it was to see Lestat singing Moon Over Bourbon Street!! Let me 'splain. As you may know by now I like vampires. I love vampires. This love did not start with Edward or even Dracula, no it all started with Anne Rice's Interview With the Vampire in about 1993 and my mental image for Lestat was Sting and always will be Sting (sorry Tom Cruise, but you are no Lestat). So to watch and listen to my Lestat sing Moon Over Bourbon Street live was indescribable. Cool cool beans!

Then there was Red Rocks which was in itself an experience. As we watched the concert we also could see all of Denver down below us and lightning lighting up the distant clouds. Breath taking. Put that with Sting and it was just a spectacular night. And it was a 2 1/2 hours of music with 4 encores. Wow! I'm so glad I got to go and share it with my best friend and fellow Sting fan hubby. We had such a fantastic time. I wish it was like a movie and we could go over and over again. Is there such a thing as a Sting-head? I think we should be Sting-heads and follow Sting's tour around the world... I think we both wish we could after last night!

As you can see I had an extra-special kind of person in front of me who kept standing up at the beginning of each song because she was "feeling it". BTW Red Rocks isn't a good venue for standing because you totally block the person behind you if you stand. But I didn't let "my-favorite-lady-in-the-world" as she became know through-out the night ruin it for me. I was feeling it too and began to appreciate her grooving - it was funny!

This was from Moon Over Bourbon Street.

7 comments:

Cami said...

That sounds way way so awesin as my niece would say. I would LOVE that concert.

Oh, and are you watching SYTYCD? Did you die at the dance with Mark? I thought of you.

Jann said...

How fun. I love that you got to do this with your hubby.

Corinne said...

OH MAN would I have LOVED this! LOVED it! Except for that favorite lady of yours :)

Kellie said...

I love that you got to do this. Red Rocks is a dream of mine, so thanks for the vicarious view!

Jenny said...

How fun! I've got to get to a Red Rocks concert one of these days.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That sounds way cool - I haven't made it to the Red Rocks, yet. It's on "my list"

Deb said...

i'm not jealous. i'm not jealous. i'm not jealous. i'm not....