Friday, June 18, 2010

Wishing I Was Here

I would love to be in Florida right now! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened up today at Universal Studios! I'm sitting here glued to The Today Show and their coverage of the opening! Wouldn't it be awesome to be there?! I'm sure it's not as spectacular as I would want it to be (I wish it was like a whole amusement park and not just a section of Universal), but it looks like a lot of fun and I need to start planning a trip there, for someday... All the hoopla is also making me excited for movie number 7 to come out in November (#7 part 1 that is, don't get me started on how annoying I think it is that they are breaking book 7 into 2 movies - LAME). Did you know that Caius from the Twilight movies is playing Grindelwald?! And that he and the chick that plays Ginny are engaged?! Fun little bits I discovered from a little trip through the HP blogs out there. Funny how many 7-Degrees-to-Kevin-Bacon-like links there are between HP and Twilight. Fun stuff.

Well I guess I'll get over wishing I was somewhere else with some distractions. We're planning on seeing Toy Story 3 today or tomorrow with the kiddos. Fun. And I still haven't watched this weeks SYTYCD episodes so there's that too. Is anyone else freaking out with complete glee over Maaarrrkkk!, Pasha!, and Neil! being back this season!!! YAY!! And then of course there is my growing Eclipse mania to help with the coping. Only 12 more days!!!

7 comments:

Meg said...

I was so bummed it wasn't open when we were down in Florida in April. There wasn't even an official opening date yet at that point. I want to go there some day, maybe when the crowds have died down a bit, in a few years.

Cami said...

I just finished my listening to HP7 today (seriously, I didn't remember a SINGLE thing) and I would love to be there too. Hmph.

NEIL! PASHA! MARK! (And seriously, Mia Michaels should just stick to choreography--I'm SICK of the judges. I just fast-forward them. They are so ridiculous and simpering and gushing. Blech.) I LOVED the dances this week!!

Jenni said...

You know what, I never even listen to the judges anymore. I just watch the dances, fast-forwarding through all the judges ramblings. I used to like Mia with her "that was so good that I just want to stab you" (Ha!! Remember that??), but now they're all uber annoying.

Heidi said...

I'm actually glad that the last book will be two movies. I hated how much was taken out of the last movie because it would have been too long. At least with two movies, we won't miss anything. I just think they should release them together!

Jenny said...

I REALLY want to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It looks aweseome!

Deb said...

it does look very, very fun. trip to florida, anyone? :)

Jen Crook said...

I think I am going to Florida in October (if we can figure out what to do with the kids) and I am super excited to see Universal and Harry Potter!