Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a really nice Easter. All our Easter Bunny stuff was done on Saturday. It was fun to see the kids running frantically all over the house to find the plastic eggs filled with goodies, which they then spent the next few hours gorging on. They each got a DVD and stuffed animal in their baskets along with various treats. Easter candy is wonderful, isn't it?! I probably ate as much candy as the kids did. Well maybe not quite as much, they gave themselves stomach aches, but I'm currently going through Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs withdrawal, so I had a lot.  I think I might be able to blackmail the kids later with all the early-morning-crazy-hair-and pajamas pictures.
On Sunday the kids got dressed in their new Easter outfits and actually sat happily for pictures and we got a smiling picture after only 2 takes. Miraculous. Last year I took about 75 pictures before they looked the right way and smiled! Then off to church. Church was wonderful. Easter Sunday is probably my favorite Sunday of the year. I love the emphasis on the Atonement and Resurrection. After church and naps (the one good thing about having church in the morning) we had a lovely dinner of ham, funeral potatoes, asparagus, and deviled eggs with angel food cake and strawberries for dessert. Everyone was sugared up and happy all weekend. I love Easter.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I LOVE EASTER CANDY.

The end :)

Jen Crook said...

I like easter candy too. Purple Peeps! YUM!