Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding Mania

I am super excited for the Royal Wedding! Aren't you?! I think it's all SO fun. I've been watching William and Kate specials on TV all week, much to Adrian's chagrin. My favorite special was "Kate's Gown of Renown" on Lifetime. They took a Kate Middleton look-alike to a bridal boutique and tried all different types of gowns on her and did her hair in a bunch of different ways. Awesome. I've watched the Today Show every morning and have loved their from London coverage. I'm gonna try my best to watch the wedding live tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll actually wake up that early. Coverage starts at 4am (wait does that mean 2am Mountain Time?)! I know I'll definitely watch it as soon as I do wake up (so happy for the invention of DVRs) and Nina says she'll watch it with me as long as I make some popcorn. Also, I'm planning an English dinner tomorrow evening: bangers and mash with mushy peas and jelly for dessert, or in American: sausages, mashed potatoes, mushed up peas, and Jello. One of the funniest things about this whole Royal Wedding business to me is the betting going on. Did you know British bookies are taking bets on what color hat the Queen will wear and whether or not Prince Harry will drop the wedding rings? Ha! I've listed some of the actual bets below with my own predictions. Happy Royal Wedding watching tomorrow!

What color hat will Queen Elizabeth wear? I say apricot, because that sounds queenly to me for some reason.

Which of these guests will be seen crying during the ceremony: Carole Middleton, Pippa Middleton, Michael Middleton, The Queen, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Prince Phillip? I'm going with Carole and Michael Middleton, though apparently the tears have to be visible to count so this might be a long shot.

How long will William and Kate's first kiss be? Um, 3 seconds?

Will the wedding car break down on the way to Westminister Abbey? No, I think not.

Will William and Kate's first child be a boy or a girl? Girl. (I think it's hilarious that they are taking bets on this!)

6 comments:

ganelle said...

This? Is why I adore you jenni!

Oh, and I'm guessing peacock blue. :)

Jenny said...

I didn't expect the Queen to wear yellow. But, I liked her outfit. Then again, I have a thing for yellow. :)

Deb said...

i was teaching seminary when the actual wedding took place, but i admit i watched a lot of post-wedding clips last friday! it was so fun! did you like the dress? i loved it. and the queen? perfect.

Jenni said...

Deb, I thought her dress was beautiful! I loved it! I also thought Pippa looked gorgeous. I wasn't expecting the Queen to wear such a bright color, but she looked very pretty. I had such a fun time watching it all!

Jann said...

You are so funny. Didn't you love the hats.

Kellie said...

I loved every minute of all of this. I was old enough to be totally into Charles and Di's wedding as well, and this brought back fun memories of that day.