Thursday, November 09, 2006

Family picture and other thoughts

Last night we had our family picture taken at a place in the mall. I was amazed at how much more difficult it was to get a good picture with just one more person in our family. In each shot it seemed like someone was blinking, looking the other way, putting their hands over their eyes, spitting up (thankfully only Nina did that :) ) or smiling wacky. I was astonished that we ended up with one with us all looking at the camera. Surprisingly Nina was the only member of the family to look at the camera in every shot - go figure... :) Needless to say it was a slightly trying experience. But its over and I'm so glad that we now have a complete family picture to put on our wall and send out in our Christmas cards. That makes me happy.

I'm very excited because tomorrow is Veterans day and Adrian has the day off. Yay!! I love long weekends! Its so funny that I consider that I have a long weekend when Adrian does. It really does make a difference to have him home. I can do so much more. How do single moms do it? I have a lot of respect for them....

Hmmm.... Maybe I'll get to sleep in a little longer tomorrow.... That would be so lovely....so so lovely. I think about sleep all the time.... I understand why sleep deprivation is considered a form of torture. It is probably the hardest part about having a nursing baby for me. But when Nina wakes up in the morning with her big bright smile it makes it all okay :). She always wakes up so happy - bright eyed and bushy tailed. A friend of mine said she read in a book that babies smile as a form of self-defense from abandonment. :) Isn't that hilarious!!! I had never thought of it that way....but I can tell you that Nina's precious little smiles and coos just make me melt. She is just such a sweet sweet baby. Her personality is coming out more and more now. So far she is very laid-back but still loves to be a part of what ever is going on. Her favorite position is sitting up. She'll tell you off if you lean her too far back so that she can't see what's going on. She is also working really hard on grabbing. She can't control those little hands yet but she is trying so hard. She manages to grab my hair constantly though - so maybe there is a little control involved there. :)


Wow, from our family picture and Veterans day to sleep and Nina - I think I covered it all. Hope it wasn't too random, but those were my thoughts for today.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

That picture is SO cute - she's such a smiler. I can't wait to see your family one.

Cami said...

I hear you on the husband home thing! Jake and I had a date for breakfast, did Christmas shopping, and now he's off getting supplies for yardwork, and I can actually volunteer at the school!! Amazing.

Good luck with the sleep. I JUST got to the point where sleep does not jeopardize about 75% of my thoughts in a day.

Jenni said...

We went Christmas shopping today too and had a picnic at the park. Amazing how much you can do with another set of hands. Oh, and I did sleep longer, so nice...

Lynette said...

Nice blog Jenni! It's so fun to see what people are up to and see cute pictures of their families. Your family is very cute...what a adorable baby! It was fun chatting at card club tonight, I hope to see you again soon!