Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"No beads in nose"
















Our "no school day" continues... Okay, so I think this is a case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil, but I have to tell another quick story about our crazy Benjamin. We were just having lunch and he is now down for a nice nap (hopefully :) ) but before that things were a little wilder. The kids had yogurts and also milk with their lunch today and I was in the living room trying to straighten up as they finished up. Sophie came in to inform me that Ben was pouring milk from his cup into the yogurt cup and back and forth. I knew that that meant the kitchen was a milky, yogurty mess (and oh yes.. it was). So I go in there to explain to Ben the error of his ways and clean it up. In the process Ben has a normal 2 1/2 year old meltdown because I took the cups away. During this meltdown which involved snot and drool, a purple bead popped out of Benjamin's nose....Oh my goodness!! He had that bead in his nose for probably the better half of the morning. Isn't that really bad??!! I explained over and over "No beads in nose, Benjamin....No toys in nose..." and had him repeat it back to me again and again. I really hope this sticks, and that it hasn't been a regular occurrence that I just found out about because of his drool and snot meltdown. We'll have to have Sophie make her bead necklaces in a room without Benjamin.

I know my Mom is laughing right now, as she reads this blog because as a child I used to sick peas and beans up my nose because I didn't want to eat them. I would eventually sneeze them all out... I've always thought of it as a funny story from my childhood but now I realize it was actually a pretty horrible thing to do to my Mom - sorry Mom...

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I LOVE this bead story Jenni. Totally classic. One time I found a kernel of dried corn in Jensen's nose. I had to get it out too!!