Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Another Class Bites the Dust

And another one's gone....and another one's gone......another one bites the dust..... Adrian finished another class... He just took his final last night for real-time systems programming (I think that's it name anyway) and he is now just 4 classes shy of his masters. Wha - hoo! He thinks he did well on the final and thinks he will get at least a high B or even and A and we are happy with that. Isn't it funny how I say "we". It's as if I think of his masters program like a joint effort - well it kind of is!! Of course it's Adrian doing all the work (and there is A LOT of hard work), but hey I'm there for support and also take care of things during class/homework/study time. I am really proud of him for how he tries so hard to balance his work, school, family, and church responsibilities (its a juggling act), and that he still manages to get really good grades!

I must say that this class has been a little easier on us as a family except for its time slot -- it was on Monday night so even though we tried to do FHE on other nights we didn't always succeed, sadly. I'm planning a nice Christmas gingerbread-house-building FHE for next Monday, because Adrian is all done with his class! His previous class was called queueing theory and that might not sound all that ominous, but it was horrible! I really couldn't even tell you what it was all about, something weird about the study of things in lines or ques... It was really math intensive and even though Adrian loves math and a challenge, that was just so hard on us all. His homework would take hours every night, and into the wee hours of the morning the night before the class. Nasty, nasty queueing theory! He was thinking about putting his text book (it was a $120 text book!) from queueing theory on our bookshelf in the family room this weekend, but he says he still needs more time to recover - to much bad mojo around that textbook. Yet he didn't want to get rid of it... I guess when you put that much work into something...

I'm not exactly sure what his next class is, but I think we're all going to enjoy this lull between classes for the next few weeks and relish in the completion of this one!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! only 4 more classes! That is quite an accomplishment. It's funny how I feel like Jake's Master's is partly mine too. Those at home definitely do a lot of work too. Congratulations!

Corinne said...

I'm sorry - the PhD will be JUST AS MUCH mine as Clint's. Every minute he is away working on it, is a minute that I am on the clock at home. I don't mind it - but Clint and I have agreed that I've worked just as hard as he has (maybe I haven't used my actual BRAIN as much, but you know, ha ha)!! I am SO pleased that he only has four more classes! You deserve a big treat!

Anonymous said...

Good job...I am so glad we are done with that era of life. After Daryl's 2 master's it's MY turn! I think I better wait until the last child is in school all day before I even attempt it. It's a family effort for sure when one spouse is in school. Yeah for you guys! Take a giant vacation when it is all over!