Friday, December 01, 2006

O Holy Night

O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O holy night, O night divine!
O night, O holy night, O night divine!

I was just getting Nina (all swaddled and sleepy) down for her nap. We rocked in our comfy Lazy Boy while listening to the classical Christmas xm radio channel. I was feeling particularly snuggly and peaceful when O Holy Night came on performed by Celtic Woman. It was so beautiful and really touched me. I just love this carol. I keep getting all misty when I hear it lately, especially the ending. I'm sure I could never sing it, but I am so moved when I hear that last "O Night divine...." There was also something so special about sitting with my own little baby while thinking about the night that our Savior was born. It was a sweet moment for me.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I love this song too Jenni.

Lynette said...

Christmas music always brings out the sentimental me...It's just such a beautiful time of year. Merry Christmas!

Jeri said...

I live for moments like that! Sheer Bliss!!!