Friday, December 08, 2006

Croup, Baby Shakespeare, and Hairspray

Yep Nina has croup too.... It's just so hard to watch her cough and cough. We had a rough night last night. Nina was up from 12:30 to about 3am and she was miserable. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep collectively. So needless to say I'm having a pretty bleary-eyed day today. So far she hasn't taken a good nap either (she's in my lap watching the computer screen with fascination right now as I type with one hand : ) ). She is on the nebulizer now just like Ben, so we hope things will get better soon. They take turns, each watching a Baby Einstein video (Baby Shakespeare is Ben's favorite still) during their nebulizer treatments. A couple of times Ben has actually stayed still during the whole thing. I think Baby Einstein videos have a sedative effect, either that or he's finally giving up the fight - I hope its that! Nina is very good about the nebulizer, she really doesn't mind it, thank goodness. We're just hoping for our croup spell to be over soon. Then we can all get some nice sleep... and I can type with 2 hands : ).


I almost forgot - we had a funny, but not so much at the time because I was tired, incident this morning. I heard Sophie and Ben in Sophie's room at about 6am, which is a no-no because we don't play before 7am, we sleep (at least that's what we're trying to convince the kids). Anyway, I went in there and it smelled like something flowery and pungent. I just couldn't place the smell. Then I looked at Ben.... Sophie had hairsprayed his hair in a sort of spike on one side and the rest of his hair was flat against his head. Okay, it was funny, but I wasn't laughing. I actually wasn't really mad either, I was just tired. So I told Sophie that it was a bad choice and pretty much begged them to go back to bed. If I had my faculties I probably would have talked more about not using hairspray by herself, the risk of hairspray in the eyes, etc, etc.... No, I just went back to our room and told Adrian to check on the kids. :) Hey, I was up with Nina a good portion of the night... I justed wanted sleep... I'm actually not even sure what happened, but there was no mention of it when I woke up and Ben's hair is no longer sticky.... Wouldn't it be weird if it was just a dream. I'm going to have to verify this actually happened : ).

3 comments:

Cami said...

HA! I bet it was totally a dream! I hope so. I hope you had a better day today. Croup is no fun.

Jenni said...

Update:

So it did actually happen!

And the kids are still sick today. Nina has an ear infection also. Its just a bad bad start to the flu season for us!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the sickness. I hate my job as the mom when everyone gets sick. I look forward to the day when the kids can all hit the bowl when they throw up and wipe their own noses and tell me which body part hurts. Someday! I am SO dreaming!
Good luck anyway!