Yesterday we had a wonderful Valentine's day. I started out the day early with a little surprise for the fam. After getting up to feed Nina at 4am, I snuck downstairs and set out 4 gift bags on the kitchen table, a big valentine, and healthy sprinkling of kisses and candy hearts for Adrian and the kids. I gave everyone a book. Adrian got the Eragon/Eldest box set, Sophie got The Trouble With Tink, Ben got Snuggle Puppy, and Nina got a Peek a Boo Baby book. I accidentally put Nina's bag in front of Ben's spot at the table, but he enjoyed opening the baby book anyway. (I guess my synapsies weren't firing as quickly at 4 in the morning. :) ) By all accounts it was quite the surprise when Adrian and the kids went downstairs for breakfast and the kids quickly downed the kisses and candy hearts before Adrian could even get a picture. Adrian was a wonderful hubby and let me sleep in until 9am, possible because yesterday was a snow day for him and the kids!! Yay -- it was wonderful!!After we lounged around all morning we decided to brave the roads, which were actually really clear, and we went out to lunch at a French cafe. French food just seemed like a very Valentiney thing and Sophie and Ben thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary bread and jam. It was such delicious food. I had a French dip sandwich and salad, Adrian had a pork and veggie crepe, Sophie had a bowl of chicken Florentine soup, Ben had a bowl of fruit and of course tons of bread, and poor Nina just drooled and tried to pull my plate towards her.
After lunch I took advantage of Adrian being home and we did some grocery shopping. Then for dinner we had spaghetti for probably the third time on Valentine's day. I feel a tradition coming on.... For some reason spaghetti just seems like a romantic dinner too me - maybe its because of Lady and the Tramp. :) Adrian and I had chocolate cheesecake for dessert (after the kids went to bed) and watched the 1968 Romeo and Juliet. I don't know how it could have been a more perfect Valentine's day!! I spent the day with my Valentine and our children and it was wonderful. I love you Adrian, Sophie, Ben and Nina!!

7 comments:
What a wonderful day! You are such a sweet mom, and it was so sweet of them to let you SLEEP IN!!! HOORAY!
I am so jealous of your french dip sandwich right now....I know what we will be having for dinner!!! =) YUM!
I laughed when I read the Lady and Tramp comment!! You are so cute!
I hope that was La Mads where you got that french dip sandwich. Mmmmmmm . . . my favorite.
Yes-sir-ee Cami, oh so good!!
Hey, Jenni! Sounds like you had a great day with all your Valentines. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
9 am sleep in!! I don't even know if my body would let me sleep that long anymore. What a wonderful day!
Wow, that sounds like a great Valentine's day. I like your gifts for your family, what a great idea! It was great seeing you at card swap too!
You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment