Monday, June 18, 2007

Dad Day

I'm going to take the opportunity to blog for Adrian today. I think he had a really good Father's Day, with exception of the long home-work hours at the end of the day. This class he's taking is a killer and he pretty much has to spend hours every single day working on home-work for it. Poor guy. Yesterday he got to take 2 much needed naps, got presents from me and the kiddies, and had his favorite dinner - crockpot BBQ ribs, manly pasta salad, watermelon, root beer, and brownies for dessert. For presents this year Adrian got a new lawn mower (our old push rotary mower was horrible) and his favorite candies and cards from me and the kids. Also on Saturday night we had Father's Day eve dinner at the Outback, which is Adrian's next to favorite restaurant. His favorite is a Japanese hibachi restaurant about 20 minutes away, but that is absolutely not a favorite of our children, so he consented to go to his next to favorite restaurant for our sanity's sake.

Adrian, thank you for being a wonderful husband and father! You are amazing with our kids and they all light up when you are with them. You know they each have you wrapped around their little fingers - even little Nina has her own special "Daddy pick me up" whimper already which is hilarious! So happy Father's Day to the best Daddy in the whole wide world!!

5 comments:

Jann said...

I like that you started celebrating on Saturday. What a great idea. Next year.

Cami said...

ooooh, 2 naps! Sounds like our dream, eh Jenni? I love Nina's little ponytail! Sounds like a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day!
Jenni-Email me your recipe for BBQ ribs. Be detailed because I am not a cook but it sounds easy (hence the crockpot) and I need more ideas!

Kellie said...

I'm so glad you all had a good day. I do enjoy Father's day. It's fun to pamper these good guys in our lives.

Mendy said...

What a cute picture of Adrian and Nina! I'm glad you were able to make him his whole traditional feast.