Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Morning Out

After the wonderful morning I have had I would be remiss to not blog about it... My kind and generous friend, Corinne, babysat Benjamin AND Nina this morning for me to get a little time to myself. Ahhh, it was wonderful. Thanks Corinne!!! :) This would be the first time that I have left Nina awake with anyone (well except Adrian of course, but he doesn't count :)). Last time she had a babysitter she was asleep for the night, but sadly woke up and screamed until we got home hours later. BUT today was not that bad at all. Corinne said she was sad for a little while, but she calmed down and even crawled around and played with toys! Yay!! I am so excited that maybe she will start being a little less clingy. I can hope. I haven't even said where I went. I went to a local French bakery and had their petite dejeuner which was an assortment of little pastries (I had mini croissants) with butter, jam, and orange juice. I sat in a comfy chair, ate my croissants, sipped my oj, read my book, and loved every minute of it. A litte break does a mommy good. My shirt and hair actually still smell like the bakery - a nice reminder of my morning out. After I had my breakfast I strolled through a crafty shop near by with papers and stamping stuff and bought a couple of sheets of neat paper with vintage cookbooks and postcards on the them. I think I'm going to use them on a giant journal page about my morning. In fact, I think I'll go work on it now. :)

11 comments:

Jann said...

Hurray, for good friends that give us a break. What a wonderful morning. I am glad you got to do this.

Jared - Christina said...

It does feel sooo good to take the "mommy hat" off for a little while! I'm so glad you got the chance!

Corinne said...

It was SUCH a pleasure to be with your sweet ones. I'm so glad you had a nice time :)

Mendy said...

Oh, Jenni, you make it all sound so dreamy! What a lovely morning mini-vacation. You deserve it!

Cami said...

Oooh, petite dejeuner! I've never had that! Well, for sure drop her off with me anytime. I'm still waiting to pay you back for babysitting!

Joni said...

That is so wonderful! It really is amazing to have time to eat, read, and browse all alone. I often think the best part is getting in and out of the car without having to deal with car seats...

Christie said...

Sounds so Wonderful! What a great day.

Julia said...

Oh how fun for you! You must let me know where this bakery is!

The Pugs said...

I'm jealous! Good friends are priceless...when they offer to watch your children just to be nice they become invaluable! Yea for you.

Jeri said...

I loved the word Mendy used to describe your morning....DREAMY!

If I had seen those scrapbook papers, I would have thought of you! I just love you Jenni! You are a ray of sunshine!

Kellie said...

Refreshed and relaxed--a good combination.