Thursday, March 13, 2008

6 Word Memoir

I was tagged by Mendy to do a 6 word memoir (thanks for the tag!) and I've been mulling it over for a couple days now - man it was hard to come up with just 6 words! As I was thinking it seemed like all these opposing word pairs kept coming to mind and I decided that must be me, so here goes:

Merrily Melancholy and Chock-full of Dualities



Melancholy and Mystery of the Street, Giorgio de Chirico, c. 1914

Instead of going in to lots more detail on why that's my memoir I thought I'd share a favorite pre-surrealist painting that I felt kind of gives a visual to what I meant... (Hope that makes some kind of sense!:)) And while I'm at it I'm just gonna make it my art history pic for this month!

7 comments:

Mendy said...

Love it, Jenni! I'm really loving the diversity of all the six-word memoirs out there. Your image is awesome, too. You're my favorite art nerd ever!

Cami said...

Awesome. I love it. Those "opposite" poems we've done in our journals are always so much more descriptive than the one-sided ones.

Christie said...

Nice Jenni, It is fun to see how everyone sees themselves. I like your art piece too, fits well.

Brenda said...

very fun Jenni! I love to see your personality through art! (:

Anonymous said...

You impress me so much. I guess I'll be sending my kids to your house for all of their homework. Between you & Adrian, you have every subject mastered!

Corinne said...

I like it Jenni - there is so much to you, I love that. You're DEEP, my friend :)

supersonicjan said...

Wow, that is just way too deep for my poor brain.