Well, if the rest of Spring break is like this I think I just might need a post spring break break... This morning Nina and Sophie woke up with low fevers, but then through out the morning Nina's temp kept going up and up. I ended up putting her in a luke warm bath when it got to 104, but then as soon as I took her out it was up to 105.3 (this with doses of Motrin and Tylenol). Adrian came home for a few hours so that I could take her to the pediatrician and she had the influenza test but that came back negative. Her doctor thinks she probably has roseola and hopefully her fever will break within 2 days... Honestly I'm really hoping it's sooner than that. It's just such a hard thing to see her be so uncomfortable and not be able to do much to help her. Sophie has been pretty sick all day too, but thankfully sick for Sophie is mostly laying around watching TV, not the rotation between lethargy and tantrums like it's been with Nina. Sick days are no fun.
It's crazy cause last St. Patrick's day and the one before that have been major sick days for different members of our family (2 years ago was kidney stones for me 1 year ago was crazy flu for Adrian with a seriously high temp that we had to take him to the ER for). We thought it was all thanks too the "curse of the St. Patrick's day pajama bottoms", but this year is proving that St. Patrick's day just pretty much stinks. What's up with that?? I thought it's suppose to be all luck-of-the-Irishy! We had even planned on having dinner and FHE over at a friend's this evening and I was so bummed to have to cancel. I guess I should just come to terms with the fact that our traditional St. Patty's dinner is going to have to be chicken noodle soup and Jello from now on! I'll make it green Jello so it works.:)
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
So sorry you had a yucky day. Big bummer if you spend your whole week like this! I hope your girls get better quick. I stayed in my sweats all day, but that's my idea of heaven, probably because no one is sick. Good luck!
Wow, that is crazy! Maybe next year you should just cross out the part on the calendar that says St. Patrick's day and never speak of it again :) I hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Oh no!! I hate roseola. Jeffy had it when he was one and it was REALLY no fun. And here I was hoping for fun playdates. Ah well, it's not as if this vacation is not going to go on forever!!
When we got so sick so often last winter, I was on pins and needles all of this winter just waiting for history to repeat itself. I guess it really has happened with for you guys. I am really sorry about your sick Nina!
Poor Nina. :( I really hope she improves quickly, sick babies=no FUN, for anyone.
Well we only had green peas with our dinner. Not too inventive around here. I am not Irish so this whole holiday just means nothing. Fortunatley for Jaiden, he has green rubber bands on his braces and wore nothing else green...just to catch his friends all off guard. Smart Kid!
i'm so sorry! we're having a sickness-filled spring break ourselves. not quite so fun as we'd planned. hope yours improves...
Post a Comment