Nina is now 19 months old and has been making wonderful progress with the speech and signs!! It has been great to see it click for her that if she just says the word or makes a sign that she'll get what she wants (in most cases:)). Here's the words and signs she has right now and keep in mind that in mid January she had ONE word so we think this is awesome!!
Words:
-Daddy
-Mommy
-Ben (she never says the "n" part, but it totally still counts)
-baby
-doggie
-ruff ruff
-uh oh
-poo poo :)
-open (which sounds like "opie")
-ball
-more
-apple ("appa")
-bubble
-no (but it sounds like is "doe!" and usually involves pushing one of her siblings)
-puppy (which is her word for all animals, real puppies are actually "doggie ruff ruff":))
Signs:
-open
-baby
-more
-apple
(I think she is also getting really close to making the signs for "milk" and "drink".)
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Hooray for Nina! I do have one complaint -- Selena loved watching your video, but it needs to be longer, because she says, "Again, again" and 9 seconds isn't long enough of Ben & Nina!
Hooray Nina!!! What a super star!!! Go mommy! The video was so cute. It is SO fun to see all these little ones grow up and start talking. :-)
that was great! Life goes so much better when you can actually understand what your kid's want!
YAY! She is doing so great. I'm glad she has begun to figure out the whole communication aspect of life. Now let's teach it to our husbands . . .
Way to go, Nina! That's some fast progress in the recent past.
It's so wonderful to see their little brains open up to you! You know that they had all this stuff going on, but who knows until they start communicating? (Do you feel it was anything you did, or did it just "click," as you said?)
I can't believe she is already nineteen months old. Wow. I would love to get to know her better. Remember, I love watching other people's children!
Joni,
I'm inclined to think it's the speech therapy (w/ the infants and toddlers program) and home techniques we've been using that has made the difference - mostly because it's the words we've really been working on that she is saying and signing. I do think that at this age though there can be a natural language explosion - so maybe it's a mix of the 2... Whatever it is I'm happy about it!:)
that's fantastic! i'm sure it's not only a relief but also so helpful to actually be able to communicate! yea!
Oh yay! I am so glad for you and Nina. I bet you are so relieved!!! I can't believe what progress she has already made so fast! That's amazing!
Yay Nina! What a relief when it starts "clicking." I am a firm believer that they do it all when they are ready and when they need to. She needs to verbalize and here it comes. It won't be long and you will be kicking yourself needing her to STOP talking so much:)
That's a cute video! Good job Nina and Jenni :)
Look at that list! It is huge! I am so proud of her. Good for you for working at it and staying positive. =)
Isn't this exciting? Just think when she's 13 you'll wish you taught her less words! hahahaha!
This is great. So fun to see the progress.
great news! so fun to watch them take leaps and bounds. and so nice for mom to take a sigh of relief!
Post a Comment