Sunday, March 01, 2009

Last Week

Argh. I have not been a good blogger at all. Not at all. I have been reading posts, really, but haven't commented for weeks now. Sorry 'bout that. And I haven't been posting because I'm completely boring. For the last week I've pretty much stayed at home except for the occasional trip to Sonic for a big old diet cherry lime-aid (we all have our weaknesses, right?) and a day out yesterday with Sophie. We've been staying home because Nina's immune system is really suppressed due to the oral steroids that she was on for a week so we've kept away from public places to hopefully avoid another upper-respiratory infection. We've been having Sophie and Ben use hand-sanitizer as soon as they get home from school or preschool. Right after Nina got home from the hospital she got a horrible stomach flu and couldn't keep down any food for days (that one she probably got from the hospital or her doctors office because those were the only places she had been). Poor thing, she really has had a rough couple of weeks, but is now feeling much much better. We are doing her breathing treatments only 3 times a day now - yay!

Oh, this last week I think I created a tradition. I read the whole Shopaholic series over and I realized it was this time last year that I did the same thing (link to last years post). I think it's an awesome February/March thing to do. Winter can be bluesy, but you can not have the blues while reading these books. Hilarious. I love Bex! And Luke is quite Mr. Darcy-esque which is also very happy.

Maybe due to the whole Shopaholic reading and being stuck inside all week I decided yesterday to take Sophie for a mother-daughter date to the mall for some shopping. I've been needing some new jeans and it was fun to spend some one on one time with Sophie. She got a little bored after a few stores, but made very good critiques of different outfits. I think she's going to be a great shopping buddy in a couple years. I found a jean skirt and a great navy sweater that was over half off at the Sundance store (I LOVE that store tho I probably wouldn't buy anything there not on sale). SO many sales right now in all the stores, I guess everyone wants you to spend your tax returns at the mall. Sophie and I couldn't believe the number of people walking out of the Apple store with computer boxes. Sophie didn't want to shop for any clothes for herself (she's not all that into clothes yet), so after I found what I was looking for we headed to Mrs. Fields and that made us both happy. It was a great day out with my sweet Sophie and made me realize how important it is to spend more one-on-one time with my kids. They are each so different from each other and it's amazing to discover more and more about them as they get older and more opinionated.

8 comments:

Cami said...

I have been the selfish blogger as well. You definitely have an excuse! (Not that you need it. )

Jann said...

I am so sorry that Nina has been so sick. Not fun at all. No fair to get the stomach thing after being in the hospital.

I love taking one of my girls out for some fun. It is one of my greatest joys right now. They are so fun to be with, and we laugh and talk. It just keeps getting better the older they get.

Christie said...

Glad that Nina is doing a bit better... and what a fun day with Sophie. I love those days too.

Jess said...

Nobody ever told me that the steroids weakens their immune system. I'll have too look into that. Matthew ends up on them often enough. The only thing we knew about is that he gets extra cranky, emotional, and sensitive when he's on them. Sometimes I've wanted to videotape him "before" and "after" as proof for teenage boys that steroids really can mess you up!

Jenny said...

I'm glad you got to go on a mother-daughter date with Sophie. What fun to be able to do stuff like that with your daughter!

Heidi said...

I haven't read those books. Would I like the Shopaholic series if I hate shopping? (I'm serious--not kidding.)

Jenni said...

Heidi, I'm not a big shopper but thought they were hilarious! I think it's the situations that the character gets herself into that are SO funny (it reminded me a lot of I Love Lucy).

Corinne said...

Oh man. I've been wanting a jean skirt bad. I bet you're super cute!