Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Sophie's 1st ER Visit

And don't get me wrong I hope it's the last one too. She almost made it to 10 with no ER visits, her birthday is at the end of the month, but alas yesterday Sophie tripped on the stairs, about 5 steps from the bottom and fell face first into the safety gate at the bottom. Yeah, it wasn't such a safety gate yesterday. She put her teeth through her lip and we are very glad nothing worse happened. It was actually very scary for a moment when I was trying to figure out just what was bleeding and how extensive the injury was, but once we figured out that it was her lip Adrian rushed her off to the ER for stitches and I stayed home with Ben and Nina. Adrian sent me a text to let me know everything was fine and sent me a picture text to let me see how the stitches were. Ben had done the exact same thing when he was 2, but because Sophie held very still during the stitches (Adrian says she never even cried and barely winced when they did the numbing shot - what a trooper) they were able to put them pretty close together, Ben thrashed around like crazy and his stitches ended up being placed a bit erratically. I really hope her scar heals better than Ben's. I put my teeth through my lip when I was little also. It's either a common injury or genetics. The funny thing is Sophie asked me if I was going to blog about it when she got home! So funny. And yes I told her I would.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor Sophie! Ouch!

Christie said...

So glad that she is okay. And TOO funny that she asked if you were going to blog about it

Unknown said...

Ouch!! But I glad everything is ok. I love that she asked you to blog about it. So cute!!!

Heidi said...

Oh, so sorry for Sophie! We went to the ER twice for stitches--with the same kid--this year. My little girl held still and didn't cry either. It must be a girl thing!

Good job, Sophie. I hope your stitches heal quickly.

Corinne said...

i hate e.r. visits. really, i do. glad it was nothing worse :)

Tracy said...

Oh, so glad she's okay. That's so funny if she asked if you were going to blog about her. My kids ask the same thing, because they know I will! She is brave. My Sophia would've been screaming!

Cami said...

What a sport! Those numbing shots seriously hurt.