During dinner we were seated with a very funny group, you know how at hibachi restaurants you get seated with other people all around the big grill, well all of the other people in our group were drinking... heavily. They were one boisterous and talkative crowd. I wasn't eating my rice and the woman next to me kept asking why I wasn't eating it. Then her husband on the other side was asking me if it had gotten cold and that he would ask the waitress for another rice for me. Seriously. When I told them I was trying to save room for some movie theater candy they launched into a huge discussion of movies asking if we had seen every movie they could possibly think of in their inebriated state. They were very very friendly and kind, but the whole situation was a little out of control. They almost followed us to our car still talking about movies and trying to convince me to see a bunch of scifi flicks. Crazy and funny. After making it to our car we went to Harry Potter which was just great to see again and Adrian who was seeing it for the first time said he liked this one best of the whole series. And I did eat my fill of licorice, Raisinets, and popcorn (see why I needed to save room:)). It was a great and memorable anniversary date.
Then today, our actual anniversary, Adrian got to help me in my Sunbeams class because my team teacher is out of town. It was great lesson - "Families Can Be Together Forever". Is there a better lesson to give on an anniversary?! I brought in one of our wedding pictures and told the kids how 12 years ago today I was married to my husband and because of that we can be together forever with our children. Then Adrian talked about how special the temple was to him. It was lovely. What a great 12 years we've had together! And even though it may sometimes seem like we've been together forever :), I am truly grateful that because of the temple we actually will be. Happy anniversary Adrian!!

18 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We had a Sunday anniversary this year too.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Funny story about the movie talkin folks.
happy Anniversary. Grady said the sunbeam class was kind of naughty - sorry.
that is so sweet! you two are the cutest. happy anniversary!
Wow 12 years...that is awesome!!!!
Happy Anniversary! Very funny story of the restaurant. Weird.
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary, and bonus that it fit in with your lesson!
I can't believe that you've seen HP twice already We haven't even seen it once.
happy anniversary! sounds like you celebrated well! doug and i will celebrate 12 yrs in august. somehow going from 22 to 34? seems like a lot more years than that. (does that make any sense??).
Happy Anniversary! I love the lesson topic. You couldn't have picked a better one!
Happy anniversary! Sounds like my dream date - dinner and Harry Potter. :) I love the picture of the two of you - so sweet.
yeah for you guys! Hope it was a fun one!
Happy anniversary to two great people :)
What a wonderful anniversary! Makes me hungry for hibachi! :)
You two are just the cutest. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You two are IN SYNC!
Happy Happy Anniversary! So glad you had such fun company on your dinner date!
Post a Comment