Monday, September 14, 2009

32

So I am technically 32 now, but I asked Adrian if he wouldn't mind putting 29 candles on my birthday cake (which he refused) because I don't feel 32. Oh well. The cake by the ways was the monster chocolate Costco cake that I love so much! Mmmmm!!

On Friday we got a babysitter and went out to Japanese hibachi (of course:)) and to the new Tim Burton movie. I think a Tim Burton movie should come out every year on my birthday - could you make a note of that Tim?! 9 was awesome visually. As far as the story, well that didn't work out so well, but again visually those little ragdoll horcruxes (seriously JK Rowling could sue) were awesome. The little cataloger twin ragdolls moved in such a cool way and that is what I love about Tim Burton - he is so eerily creative. I'd love to just look at a still of the sculpture garden scene with the moon and twisted trees in the background. Stunning. Fun fun stuff for me. When we got back Adrian could not wait until my actual birthday to give me THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT so he handed me a box with the "Blurb"logo on it. Yes, he had published in a book the first 2 years of my blog!!! Without telling me! Isn't he sweet?? So there have been some years that Adrian has forgotten my birthday, but then there are these years were he knocks it out of the park. I love my blog book!! It has been so fun to read all the posts from when Nina was a tiny baby and Ben just started preschool and Sophie was in 2nd grade! Wow, I've had this blog for a while now and I love that it's a new-finagled way to journal that gives a much better snap shot of my life that normal journaling.

The rest of my birthday weekend we celebrated by taking the family to Olive Garden (mushroom ravioli and Coke for me - BTW I'm allowed to drink real Coke on my birthday!) and having Costco cake and presents. My huge present was trading in my car on a Honda Pilot (yay I love it!) because we wanted a car that would do better in the snow this winter. The buying of the car took so much work and time researching and finding the best deal and test driving so many cars, but we found a great used Pilot and are happy with all its neato features. Then for my normal presents I got a load of cooking stuff: an enamel covered dutch oven (Martha Stewart not Le Crueset - maybe someday it will be a Le Crueset), new pizza pans, new frying pan and crepe pan and Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child (I love that Julie & Julia movie and want to make an omelet like Julia!) and of course my blog book. I made a haul. Thank you thank you Adrian! And then I got so many birthday wishes from sweet friends and family! Thanks SO much!! It was a great birthday even if it did mean I have to be 32 now. :)

11 comments:

Tracy said...

You are still a baby! So glad you had a great birthday! A new car? Man, you are spoiled. Wish you were here so we could crash your house again and give you a party! Miss you! Happy, Happy Birthday!

Corinne said...

Wow. That is some SERIOUS birthday!!

Christie said...

Oh Happy birthday girl!! Sounds like a good one. I published my first year of blogging, and I LOVE IT!!! So cool .

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great one, and yes, I agree with Tracy. You're still young!

Jann said...

Happy Birthday Jenni. It sounds like you had a great day. I love blurb books! I can't wait to see you next month. Yes, I agree with Tracy, you are still a baby.

Deb said...

happy birthday! sounds like it was just about perfect! and i'll still think of you as 29, if it would make you feel better. :)

(and we love our honda pilot too. so fun!)

ashlee said...

happy birthday! sounds like a great one. and that pilot will surely come in handy here!

Jenny said...

Glad you had a great birthday! It's not over yet, though! We'll have to get together soon for dinner so I can give you your present. :)

Jeri said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! It sounded absolutely perfect!

gwyn said...

Happy late birthday, Jenni! Sounds like it was wonderful - I love it when great movies open near my birthday (thanks, HP, for opening in July the last two movies!) And congrats on the sweet ride - I hear Pilots are great! And they do awesome in snow.

Cami said...

I'm really mad that I missed your birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway! We'll celebrate when we go to MD. That is a GREAT present! WOW! It took me weeks and weeks to do one year of my blog.