A Place of Her Own by James Christensen (Isn't this gorgeous?!! Kellie told me about this one and it goes so well with this meme.)I've been posting about books lately so I thought I'd keep it up with this delightful meme from Cami's blog. Try it too - it's fun!
Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? No, but I do keep a big glass of water on the side table next to me or if it's a really good day a big old Sonic drink.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I mark books that make an impression. I hardly ever mark fluff reads.
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Bookmarks of all kinds - folded pieces of paper, bookmarks Sophie has gotten from school, even gum wrappers.
Laying the book flat open? Only if I have to get up suddenly... which with kids happens frequently
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? FICTION (I have to be honest, non-fictions tend to be a little boring to me)
Hard copy or audiobooks? hard copy (though I do have the Twilights and Shopaholics audiobooks that I like to listen to while cooking)
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? I don't really care about chapters, but if it's a really good part I keep reading (even if it's incredibly late!).
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? No. But if it eats at me I'll google it next time I'm on the computer.
What are you currently reading? The Lost Symbol, Reviving Ophelia, The Host
What is the last book you bought? The Lost Symbol
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? Well as you can see from what I'm currently reading I often read more than one at once. Ususally book club books and 1 on my own.
Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? Nap time/on the couch
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? stand alone (Can everyone stop with the series already?? I do read a lot books that end up being series though and am constantly annoyed by it, but of course I'll read all the sequels anyway. Harry Potter is the huge exception. I love HP!!)
Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Hmmm. Well if you asked me 2 years ago it would've definitely been Twilight (as cliche as that is now), but right now I'm all about Hunger Games and Rebecca and always, always Wuthering Heights
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) By favorites, then genres, then height, and for those that don't fit they get stacked in front. I need more book shelves.

4 comments:
Ooh...can I borrow your copy of The Lost Symbol when you (and Adrian?) are done with it?
I heard they're releasing an edition of Wuthering Heights designed to appeal to Twilight fans, btw.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice celebration. What a thoughtful husband.
I just read The Host again this weekend (just finished a few minutes ago). It still made me cry (more than once) even thought I had read it before!
I love James Christensen. He was my watercolor professor at BYU. It was so neat to take a class from him.
FUN! I'm glad you did it. Rebecca is always a favorite recommendation of mine.
Post a Comment