
Busy,busy morning, just dropped Sophie off at school and Benjamin off at preschool. Another mom commented "Gee you have your hands full" as I was carrying Nina (crying) in her car seat and trying to usher Ben and Sophie into the preschool to drop off Ben. Nina cried the whole time ( she' starting to not like our morning driving schedule ) but when I brought her inside she calmed right down and is now asleep where I put her down -- in her car seat by the front door. Now there is a strange calm in the house. I can't imagine what its going to be like when they're all in school. What am I going to do with myself ?!!!=) Probably have a party!! Read books, actually do house work and run errands with out the need of snacks, sippy cups, and diapers with me at all times. Endless possibilities....
BUT...I'm hearing the song "Count your Blessings". I do love where I am in life right now and I feel incredibly blessed to have my family. I love kissing boo boos and reading story books. I love singing songs and watching the kids interact with each other, sometimes like friends and sometimes not so much... I love riding in the car with the kids singing along to Laurie Berkner songs. I love it when Sophie tells me my chicken noodle soup is better than anyone else's. I love it when I'm in the grocery store with Ben in the cart - he makes hilarious comments on the things he sees and gets so excited about every isle. I love watching Adrian rough-house with the kids. All the emotions of being a mom are a wonder. How is it possible to feel them all at the same time? The love, fatigue, worry, joy, patience and impatience, frustration, warmth... Its amazing.
I guess its easy to wax poetic when you have a quiet house :).
And that's the end of that, Nina's waking up and its time to start in on the diaper changing, feeding and running errands... But after this few minutes of reflection I feel ready to enjoy it. I really am following my bliss.

2 comments:
Good for you Jenni! Way to enjoy the moment. That morning sounds crazy. I can hardly do it with 2!!
It's all a juggling act isn't - but what a beautiful thing when the three people you're in charge of are all doing their own thing and you're the stable base? You're doing it!!!
Post a Comment