Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Tale of Two Zucchini Breads




This afternoon we decided to make 2 different kinds of zucchini bread, regular and chocolate (yum), and that is were our story begins....

It started out easy enough with a beautiful vision of teaching math through measuring and wonderful family discussion, but ended in 4 lovely loaves of zucchini bread, screams, whines, a few tears and the inevitable time-outs. Yes, Sophie and Ben have really entered the whole "I'm not touching you " phase of sibling rivalry.

But there were golden moments too..

Ben has learned how to make a scary face. We don't know if Sophie taught him or if its from his new favorite movie Nightmare Before Christmas. The face is of course accompanied by a "AARRRR!" Its hilarious!

There's Sophie enjoying the fruits of our labor (above). I think she put enough butter on the bread to leave teeth marks when you bite it. Sugar, chocolate, and butter..mmm...you can't get much better than that.

SUPER NINA! She loves being held up like this and she's getting strong, lifting up her head and holding out her legs.

All the kids are in bed now.


Though Nina is still fussing a little. Adrian is with her but it sounds like she wants to eat again. Is there a growth spurt at 3 months? She has been eating all day!

The wonderful smell of cinnamon is still wafting through the house and there are a ton of dishes to be done so I guess that's the end of our zucchini bread story.

10 comments:

Adrian said...

Of course what what Jenni didn't mention was that in order for Nina to be eating all day, she has been pooping all day too!! She's gone through like 17 outfits today.

Corinne said...

Jenni! I love that you are blogging!! Great story - every baking experience we have turns into a cage match between my children. Drives me nuts. Glad I'm not alone :)

Jenni said...

Corinne, this blogging thing is addictive. So glad I learned about it from you and Cami. Before I always thought bloggers were tech-loving computer-geeks - like Adrian :)! But its actually easy and fun!

Cami said...

Who's saying I'm not a geek?? :) Actually, I had to get my geek-husband to set me up, but now I'm all gung-ho! Your blog looks great. (strikingly similar to the giant journal website) and the zuccinni bread looks FANTASTIC!! I can see a 1/4 inch chunk of butter melting on it now . . .

Cami said...

I am Cami by the way . . .

Jenni said...

Cami, your title looked so official, I thought uh..oh the "blog administator"..but then I read on and realized it was you :). I think we should proudly call ourselves geeks now. I love both your blog and the giant journal one too!!

Joni said...

Hi all! I found you, Jenni, off of Corinne's blogroll. I saw Three Bears and remembered your email address. Congratulations on Nina! I had heard you were pregnant a long time ago -- how amazing to have three children! Now if my next is a boy or a girl, I'll be following in either your's or Corinne's footsteps. I look forward to reading what you've been up to. Blogs truly are addictive. (I only post on Sundays, though. Not enough energy for more!)

Jenni said...

Hi Joni! Thanks so much for commenting - I saw your blog too its so great!(Corinne is keeping us all connected with her beautiful blog roll!!) I can't believe how big Caleb and Leah are. I'll be sure to check your blogs on Sundays :)!

Meema said...

Now lets see if Grandma can say something here besides "Look at my beautiful Grandchildren!!". I love seeing pictures of Sophie, Benjamin and Nina and miss them soooo much - - ofcourse I miss you too Jenni and Adrian. I don't have any books close (consider I am writing this in a school) except manuals on how to do reports and they don't have that many pages (THANK HEAVENS). I'll have to use the first book I lay my eyes on when I get home.

Jenni said...

Hi Mom!!I'm so excited you commented! Isn't this blogging thing fun. Now I just have to convince you and Julie, Teddy and Lori to do it too and we could comment on each others. Wouldn't that be fun! :)