Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brown Baggin' It

First some background. Nearly every day, I put together lunches for Sophie. I can't say 'make', since all I do is throw in a juice box, uncrustable, applesauce, plastic spoon, and napkin. Apparently for Sophie the most important part is the napkin. Some time back Jenni started it by writing a note for Sophie. Every since then, Sophie insists on having a note with her lunch. I'm beginning to suspect that this is the reason for her preferring to take a lunch rather than buying hot lunches. There has even been more than one time that if I had left out the napkin in a rush that she would bring me the napkin and pen and ask me to write a note.

The other day, Sophie was in the kitchen with me while I was putting together her lunch. I grabbed two napkins, one for Sophie's lunch and one for mine. Sophie noticed my napkin next to my lunch box. She then decided to write me a note. Here it is.


I went to work, knowing that she had written me something. I thought that I would appreciate, but boy, did I underestimate the effect it would have on me. After reading it, I put it on the side of my desk. I was so pleased with it. I wanted my co-workers to notice. I wanted to share how happy the short little note made me. Unfortunately no one noticed. Since no one asked at work, I just had to share it on the blog. :)

3 comments:

Lynette said...

That is really sweet.

Corinne said...

i love that story

Cami said...

What a good Daddy! And I love that note. How cute.