
Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy..... !! I'm so happy that I am doing the Balki happy dance from Perfect Strangers (do you remember that?!)! We got a new oven and it was installed this morning. I have been coping with my 15+ year-old, 80's black and cream colored, rusty elements, fantastically uneven baking, oven/range since we moved into our house. Now I have a new flat top one!
It was getting to the point where we were having our smoke detector going off weekly - the stove elements had a rusty smoking issue that was weird. Well and also from boil overs when ever Adrian cooked (sorry honey, but its true). I hate those drip pans - they never seem to get all the way clean. So anyways we're calling it Adrian's Valentines present! Anything that makes me want to cook and which in turn keeps Adrian out of the kitchen makes him happy!
I just keep going into the kitchen to look at it. Tonight, I'm either going to make chicken noodle soup with it or I'm going to bake baby porcupines and potatoes in it. I almost don't want to sully its pristine condition, but then I can't wait at the same time... Happy Happy Joy Joy.....
Our old oven's last meal... I'm sure its in a better place now... (Those weird looking things are chicken cordon bleus.)

7 comments:
Yay! It looks lovely. I totally remember the dance of joy. "And now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy . . ." My brother and I totally have a video of ourselves doing it. HA!
Haaaaaallelujah! Lookin' good. Your cabinets are the same as what we used to have in our old house....memories!
I LOVE that you got a new oven. I also do the dance of joy!!
What a great oven...that flat top seems like a great idea! Oh, and I use to watch Perfect Strangers too!!!
Congrats on a kitchen upgrade, Jenni! Anyone who loves to cook as much as you deserves an oven that doesn't randomly smoke.
Congratulations! And I used to watch Perfect Strangers, too. My favorite episode is the one with the Bibbibabkas---Bibbibabkas go boom!
Yay for you! Your new stove is just gleaming white!
I made your broccoli cheese soup tonight. Delicious and super easy! Thanks!
Post a Comment