Nina loves to play with big people objects like: remote controls, calculators, measuring cups and spoons and especially keys. Oh, she loves keys! I made her her own special keys that look just like mine. I got her the same key chain and then I put on it these realistic toy keys that we had attached to a different toy key thing that she hardly ever played with (probably because it didn't look "real" enough). She loves her little look-alike key chain and I hope it will satisfy her when she is grabbing my real keys - I don't want her to short-out my car alarm buttons with drool! :)
This weekend I just went through her closet to pull out all the clothes that don't fit her any more and I just couldn't believe how much she has grown. She is already wearing 12-18 months clothes, so she has grown out of all those baby baby clothes - you know the ones that are really soft and pastely. I seriously had to take a moment to feel the sadness of packing away all those little things - especially the itty-bitty socks... *Sigh* I am so excited to watch her meet more milestones though, like crawling and walking and talking.
Her little personality is coming out more and more and I feel like she really is a our little "Nina" now. To explain I should say that when we discussed her name when I was pregnant I kept saying "but Nina sounds a little feisty..." and one of its meanings is actually "mighty". I kept wondering if that mightiness would come out because she was such a serene and mellow newborn. But sure enough she has become quite "mighty". Nina let's you have a piece of her mind when she gets frustrated. She'll screech at you if you take a toy away (like when I take my keys away from her after she's snatched them from me when I'm putting her in her carseat) and she very vocally protests going to bed. But she is still such a sweet-heart with her little heart melting smile and giggle. I just love our little Nina to bits and feel so lucky to be her mommy.

8 comments:
She is a doll! I love how you made her her own set of keys. Why do kids always want whatever you have...the REAL keys, the computer, your food!
She is so cute! Every time I see her I wonder where she came from--she looks different every time! I love it when they start getting those little personalities. I always thought Ethan was such a gentle name, and he was such a quiet, gentle baby. But I was totally wrong with him--he's a fiesty one himself! After one head-butt too many, I'm rethinking that name.
Too cute! Love to read about what she's up to. I think she and Keegen would hit it off--little devils in the making!!
She is adorable. I love this age for babies, they do more than just eat and sleep, but they still allow you to 'cuddle' for a while.
Oh what a sweet post! I love all the pictures, but the keys picture is my favorite!
I hate packing away to tiny baby clothes. I actually smell them before I put them in the box! It always makes me cry.
She is a beautiful baby, and I can't believe she is 8 months old! =)
Jenni, you know I think Nina is just adorable! I can't believe how old she is already. That's just crazy! I keep a little baby outfit in my underwear drawer. It was the first thing I ever bought when I was pregnant with Maia. We hadn't had the ultrasound yet, so it's gender-generic. I love it that all my babies have worn it and that I remember Michael and I buying it together at the Carter's outlet in Park City. I'll keep it forever, just to pull it out and inhale the scent of my sweet newborns.
That last picture is my favorite, she is adorable. Our little one is nine months now, and I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing. Maybe our girls could get together to play sometime.
She definitely is a cutie. That's great that you are making note of what she is doing at this age because it does blur together as time goes on.
Post a Comment