That felt so negative, so I'm going to put in a fun fun part of being a mommy right now to my baby girl. Nina loves baths and it is my favorite baby chore right now to give her a bath. Every other night (or sometimes every night if she gets really messy at dinner) I scrub down the kitchen sink after dinner, fill it up with warm water, and throw in her rubber duckie. As soon as I show her the sink ready to go, she gets so excited. The whole thing is just heart-warming and fun. She loves to splash with her little feet and chew on her duckie. I know I'm going to miss giving her a bath in the sink - she is my first baby to thoroughly enjoy bath-time. Sophie liked baths when she got a little older and well Ben still hates baths, so it's been fun to share these bubbly, watery, memories with sweet Nina.
Off to get Nina who just woke up. She's screaming bloody murder and only napped for 45 minutes... Maybe we'll take a ride in the car before picking up Sophie from school, that always seems to cheer her up.

4 comments:
What a cute post. When Nicolaas was six months old, I took him to the pediatrician, for the very same behavior you described. So there I was this mother of 5 being told by the dr. my baby was teething. You would think I would have it down by the fifth child. My girls all cut their first teeth at around 1 year, so I was totally not expecting it to happen at six months. I felt really lame, and had to laugh at myself, as I am sure the dr. was doing.
What, honestly, would I do without bath time? My children all love it and it entertains them for such a nice long time. I'm glad there is something that Nina is enjoying right now :)
You're not alone in the "I hate teething club." Makes a lovely baby so unpleasant. I know, they're uncomfortable, but come on! And none of the oragels or even motrin ever seems to help mine. Luckily Bode got his teeth in a hurry--all done with even the 3-yr molars by 18 months. Keegen, well, not so much! i think he has 6 teeth now...Good luck my friend.
Hang in there Jenni, soon she'll have teeth to bite you with, but at least the fussiness will stop.
Post a Comment