So yesterday was the best birthday ever! From my perspective it was turning out to be a quiet birthday with a lovely family party (with a delicious Cold Stone ice cream cake and cards and presents from the kids and Adrian) and then a hot date with Adrian to a fancy French restaurant. Cami came over to watch the kids for us (big kids slept in the tent downstairs and we put Nina to bed before we left upstairs) at 7:30 so we could make it to the restaurant for our late 8pm dinner reservation. Well, the food at this quaint French country cuisine restaurant was amazing!! I have never had any dinner to compare with how darn good it was. I had the fillet mignon (it's my b-day right) and was actually really full after that. Adrian started talking about how he was just too full and maybe we could have dessert later at home -we had more of that delicious ice cream cake in the freezer... But I was like, no way I'm having some fancy chocolate mousse at this fancy French restaurant and I'll have some ice cream cake tomorrow... :) Then he was checking his watch and drove like a crazy man home (I was saying, "Man Adrian, we don't have to rush, we're just gonna go home and watch TV."). These are all things that I am remembering in retrospect, though, at the time I never suspected a thing. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
So anywho, after eating the longest and most fantastic dinner ever we got home and I walked in the door and got the shock of my life. My dining room was full of my fabulous friends shouting surprise and happy birthday!! I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I was completely floored... It was just so wonderful! Who would have thought a bunch of wonderful ladies would come over and stick around till 10:30pm for a surprise party! I felt so bad for taking so long at the restaurant and stuffing myself with the chocolate mousse... There were balloons and a happy birthday sign and a full spread on the dining room with all of my extra-special favorites - a chocolate fountain, white dipping chocolate, strawberries, those wonderful 2-bite brownies, pretzels and more and more... It was amazing! I felt so loved and surprised and overjoyed.
Then it was oh so fun to sit and chat. I am so happy that I have such a wonderful and supportive group of friends and might I add hilarious!! My jaw hurt from smiling and my stomach hurt from laughing just from sitting and talking with these ladies - which I think is a wonderful result. :) And then I even got presents, which just didn't seem right cause the biggest present was the wonderful surprise and them just being there. So thank you so much to the wonderful friends and my sweet husband who made my 30th so GREAT!! You made it so special and I will always remember it. It's making me all misty just thinking about it... What a great day!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Happy Birthday Jenni, I am so glad that you were surpised and had a good time. It was a very fun night, I had a great time too ;-)
I would have loved to have been there! That was the perfect spread -- long live two-bite brownies. Happy birthday! Isn't it nice to feel so loved?
Happy, Happy Birthday Jenni...what an awesome party!
It was so fun, and I loved seeing your surprised face. Happy birthday!
Yay! I'm so glad you were surprised. You totally deserve a party!
That was so fun. It was like a mini slumber party filled with fun girl talk. You're such a great friend, we would've waited til midnight for you to finish your fancy meal.
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.
happy birthday! i'm so sorry i missed the evening. it was just one of those nights. i'm glad you had a great introduction to your thirties! :)
Happy Birthday Jenni!!! What a great birthday. I am glad it was so wonderful for you.
I'm so glad I could be there. Your face at the key moment was a sight to be treasured. Hugs!
That party ROCKED. You deserve every good thing that comes your way friend. We love you!!!
Post a Comment