Sunday, September 09, 2007

Our Walker!!

Nina took her first steps today!! The first steps were from her little activity table to where Ben was playing in the middle of the family room floor - it must have been about 4 steps. I was so excited that I started cheering for her and gave her a big hug and she was oh so proud of herself smiling away. It was so cute. As soon as Adrian and Sophie got home from church I told them all about it and Adrian was so happy, but was so bummed that he missed it. (I stayed home from church with Nina and Ben because Ben has pink-eye... which is just annoying, but with the eye drops and all I'm sure it will be better soon.) Nina showed off her new skill to Adrian though and this evening she had a jolly time taking steps back and forth between me and Adrian with us and the kids cheering her on. She just ate up all the praise and happiness, giggling and smiling as she took those cute wobbly steps. Here's a couple of pictures of the fun.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Nina! It's such a fun age when they are exploring everything around them. I also enjoyed your little IPod game, although I don't have an IPod (I know...not very with the times I guess.) I just don't know who has time to listen to music! In the car I have to listen to Madagascar playing on the DVD player and everywhere else I have a two year old chatterbox. Any more noise would send me right over the edge!

Jeri said...

Yay! She looks so cute standing there. I love the pictures, such a great way to remember this milestone. =)

Jared - Christina said...

Nina and Leah will be running around together soon...probably by next Sunday! :) I was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about the pink eye.
Great pictures! Love her grin!

Anonymous said...

She's such a big girl! Sorry about the pink eye. You have cute pj's!

Kellie said...

I was wondering where you were-glad it's just annoying and not serious. Nina is delightful. Congratulations on her milestone!

Deb said...

congratulations, nina! think of all the things you can get into now! :)

Julia said...

she is growing up too fast! But she does look way cute, toddling around :D

Cami said...

Oh how fun! I love the first steps! She looks like such a big girl now, and so proud of herself!

Hey, once you've been on drops for 24 hours you're allowed to come out in the world, just so you know. Poor Ben.

Joni said...

What a cute little girl. She definitely seems to favor your side, Jenni. (Not that Sophie isn't dang cute too!)

Christie said...

SO SO SO cute!! I love those pictures! Oh, man, I am starting to worry that the little Williams in the ward will walk before my Katie! Everyone is passing her by.

Jann said...

How very cute and happy you all look. Isn't it amazing how something so simple as a child's first steps, can make us so happy. Bravo Nina!

Unknown said...

Congrats Nina!!! She is so cute.

Corinne said...

She looks SO DARLING in that picture! YAY Nina!!

the design boss said...

So cute! Look at that precious grin. Way to go Nina!