Thursday, November 22, 2007
Going Medieval All Over Thanksgiving Again
Today was fun for us! We started out with a very relaxy morning, then we went to McDonald's for a no-effort lunch that included very yummy pumpkin pie shakes for all. We figured we should at least have a form of pumpkin pie today!:) After lunch we played a very long game of Monopoly. The game went so long that we had to put it on hold so we could all get ready and go out to Medieval Times.
This was our 3rd year of going to Medieval Times on Thanksgiving and it has turned out to be a tradition that everyone in the family looks forward too. This year our friend Julia went with us and it was so fun to have her there. Thankfully she was very willing to "sword" fight with Ben and Sophie using the Medieval Times ribbon flags as play swords. It was very cute to watch Ben sparring especially as he did some hilarious slow motion moves. The dinner and show was loads o' fun as you would exp
ect. We shouted, cheered, and waved our flags like crazy people for our red and yellow knight. Ben did get scared when ever the mist and
the wizard came out, but other than that everyone enjoyed it all. Even Nina got very into the whole thing clapping and waving her flag, I don't think she ever cried at all even though most of the show was past her bed time. One thing to say is that I so wish they had a show only price for picky kids, I think Ben and Sophie only drank the Pepsi and ate the garlic bread and a little of the soup - Nina probably ate more than either of them. Adrian and I thought the food was delicious. After the show we wandered around the store part and took advantage of some photo ops with a knight and the princess. Julia and I were hoping to get a picture with the green knight - he was cute with fun hair - but he walked off before we could so we got a picture with a coat of armor instead. It was a great night and the kids are already asking if we have to wait all the way till next Thanksgiving to go back.
After we went home we finished the impossibly long Monopoly game - I won, but Sophie wasn't going to give up until her last property was mortgaged and her last dollar was spent even though I had about 9 hotels all over the board. I did feel kind of bad seen how badly she wanted to win - she's very competitive just like her Dad! I'm guessing a rematch will happen sometime this weekend. It's so fun that we can really play board games as a family now. I can't wait till future holidays filled with long Risk and Settlers of Catan games. Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving filled with lots o' love and good family times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
WONDERFUL! Jenni, you had a great day! I love that your family as found a great way to spend Thanksgiving together. Super fun.
What a very fun tradition. I loved the pictures.
wow! what a creative thanksgiving tradition - and no worrying about whether the turkey turns out ok. :) i want to hear how this got started....
What a fun tradition!!! We took the kids with our adopted family the mumfords last summer and we all loved it. But I totally agree about the kids meal plan. Zack got wired on Pepsi and ate bread, but we had some good leftovers for the next day. :) I can't wait for Abbey to start playing more grown up board games.
what a fun day. love the medieval times tradition!
What a fun tradition. Don't tell my family, but we would LOVE to forgo the whole big mess of turkey day dinner and just go out, but apparently that makes us "no fun" and very un-American. The "cons" of living close to the fam.
That sounds like sooo much fun...happy thanksgiving!!
I didn't know they had pumpkin pie shakes at McDonalds. That's a pretty fun tradition. I went to Medieval Times once when I was like 11 or something and we were in the red and yellow section too. I'd also like to know how this tradition started.
How fun for your kids. Alec loves playing Monopoly, but he always wins. I thought it was a rule that mommies let their kids win when they play games. I guess not. Cute pictures!
It was very fun, and I had a great time too! I suppose I should admit that I'm the one that started the flag-fighting... I kept bopping Sophie on the head until she whacked me back. Ben saw, and of course had to join in :D Next year, I'm hoping for the green knight!
What a great family tradition. You all look so cute! Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow! What a neat tradition. And even better, you don't have to cook a turkey!! Lucky you.
That sounds like so much fun. What a great way to spend thanksgiving.... it is crowded at MT on Thanksgiving? I can't believe you played Monopoly for that long! :-)
Post a Comment