Monday, March 26, 2007

Mono-Girl and Pajamas

This is the first night I have stayed up past 10pm in about a week. Adrian has taken to calling me "mono-girl" because I seem to be tired all the time. I'm such a night-owl, so it really has been weird to get tired so early. Last night I didn't even watch all of the new Planet Earths. That by the way is a fantastic new Discovery channel show. Did you watch? The one with the elephants swimming was so neat. I never knew that elephants swam so well before. I love documentaries and especially really beautifully filmed nature documentaries like this one. I have the ones that I missed on the Tivo, and I look forward to watching them soon.

On a different note, today I finally got around to buying pajamas for the kids. Man, kids are expensive. All 3 needed more springy pj's since its been warmer, and all they had in their drawers were heavy fleecy ones. I found great buys for Ben, but the ones for Sophie and Nina were more expensive for some reason. Is that normal? Why are pajamas cheaper for boys than girls? Maybe I went to the wrong places... And I have a huge problem with the kinds of pj's you find in Sophie's size. It seemed like there were tons of silky, skimpy, lacey pajamas. Who buys this stuff for their 7 year olds?? It seemed like it was either weirdly adult looking stuff or Sponge Bob pajamas for $18. I was able to find her a few cute ones, but I was sad that the styles they make in her size are so often inappropriate. I did find adorable pj's for Nina at the Carter's outlet. I must say there is nothing cuter than Nina in her little footie pajamas!

(<-- This group footie pajama pic was taken last month on a "snow day" - quotes because there was really no snow. :) )

15 comments:

Christie said...

Did you try Costco? They usually have a some cute little sets in the spring. I also watch and buy my spring pjs in the fall when they go on clearance at Childrens place. ;-)

Corinne said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better!! I hate buying jammies too. I buy mine at the thrift store if I can :)

Cami said...

very cute picture. I hate buying PJs too. Mostly, Jefferson's are second hand from Mendy. Good luck with that girly stuff--I haven't had that problem. :) Get some rest Mono-girl!!

Jann said...

You are so right about the PJ's. I have had a terribly hard time stomaching the prices for them. The little girl things are creepy. I think there are some mothers out there that think it is so cute to have their little girls look sexy. It just creeps me out. Of course there are equal amounts of inappropriate day clothes as well.

Julia said...

I'm glad you're feeling better too. And that is a way cute picture!

I guess you could resort to the old stand-by--daddy's old t-shirts. Or, one of my nieces decided one of her Sunday dresses would make a nice night-dress, so she wears that (my sister picks her battles with her energetic three-some, you know how that goes)

Mendy said...

I like to stock up on pj pals when Disney has them like $4.99-$7.99/ pair. It's funny though, I always feel like I'm spending more on Mason's. Maybe that's because his aren't the long-tern investment Maia's are. Hee hee.

ashlee said...

Cute pj pic. Long live footie jammies--love 'em! Glad you're feeling better (i assume if you're up to making dinner!!).

Brenda said...

I was so sad to miss that Discovery Channel series! We totally forgot about it. I guess I was too busy with my nose in your book (that Mendy lent me hee hee...) Anyway, I know what you mean about pjs. I have the same problem... nothing modest for a six year old now!! Ahh, that's so frustrating.

Jenni said...

Brenda! How do you like Twilight?? I'll have to chat w/ you about it - I love talking about Edward!! :)

Brenda said...

Jenni, I love it! I just borrowed your New Moon and I did a blog on it this morning. I am almost done, but so sad to be finished!! Thanks for the book. Nicole wants to borrow it now if that's good?

Jenni said...

No problem if Nicole borrows it. I think Kat has Twilight now - pretty soon we're all going to have read Twilight and New Moon!! So funny! I'm going to go read your blog about it right now. :)

The Pugs said...

I have a hard time buying PJ's unless they are SERIOUSLY on sell. They are needed, but I too can't justify spending very much on something they only sleep in.

I just got some PJ's for Kyle at Children's Place for &.70 each!

Jeri said...

I love to buy cute pajamas for my kids. I don't care what they cost....sometimes I don't even look or I won't buy them.

I just love when they come in my room in the morning, and look so sweet. It makes me start my day on a good note. I hate mornings....and for some reason cute pajamas help.! =)

(Yes, I am a dork!)

Jeri said...

Forgot...

I love the picture!

Jenny said...

I usually buy pjs at target, but they still seem too expensive! I haven't had to buy for a girl yet, though, so I don't know if there's a price difference or not.