Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cedric Diggory is going to be Edward Cullen!!! (and added misc Twilight movie info)

They just cast Edward for the movie version of Twilight (thanks Mendy for the info!) and it's going to be Robert Pattinson, aka Cedric Diggory!! I never would have thought of him, but I think he's a GREAT choice! Yay, it's like my favorite literary and movie worlds are going to collide in this movie - Cedric as Edward, that's just cool!!

And here's a pic of Kristin Stewart, the actress slated to play Bella. There seems to be a sort of online uproar about her casting (I guess lots of fans were hoping for the girl from A Series of Unfortunate Events), but I'm fine with Kristin Stewart. She seems to be an accomplished actress at such a young age and she's close enough to how I pictured Bella.

Oh, and here's another little tid-bit (this will be my last addition to this post :)the release date for Twilight the movie is set for Dec. 12, 2008 even though the movie is still in pre-production, I guess they are actually filming in Feb. So Dec. 12th seems a little ambitious, but I hope it works out - less than a year from now Tracy and I will be in line with our Edward T-shirts on!!

Alright, so even though I said that last bit was my last addition to this post, well I spoke too soon... I just had to include this fun pic of my Edward-loving friend Tracy and me in our T-shirts (I wasn't kidding when I said I'll be standing in line for the movie with an Edward T-shirt on!:) Hee hee.

13 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, I saw that yesterday. I thought he was a pretty good choice. If only we can get cedric out of our minds!

Christie said...

MMMMM, Perfect! Wow, I had no idea there was going to be a movie! What fabulous news!

Julia said...

Ooh, that is cool!! And he'll have far more screen time!

Anonymous said...

I don't think he's that good looking...hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

I have to see the rest of his body to make up my mind. I can't wait to go see the movie with all those who love Edward! Jacob girls can come too, I guess.

Kellie said...

He has the perfect, sculpted features thing going for sure. I don't know too much about Kristin Stewart, but in the picture, she looks just about right.

Anonymous said...

December 12 is my anniversary, but I don't think Chris will mind if I spend it with Edward. What a great gift that would be! Can't wait...

Anonymous said...

Very cool...thanks for the info!

Jeri said...

I am the only one that hasn't read this book! I asked Lincoln to get it for me for Christmas...so I can be like the cool girls. =)

I have to say I liked the first picture you posted of him.

Joni said...

They both look so good for the parts! I'm happy! And I will be home in the States when it comes out! I will finally be one of those enthusiastic people who go to the movie in the theater.

Jenni said...

Jeri, I put that pic back up for you! I actually really like it too, but I thought I'd put a pic of Robert as Cedric up there to go along with my post title... I've been all kinds of weird with this post - changing it every other day, but now I'm done with it!:)

jenny-penny said...

I want to be standing next to you too. I want to see how this all works out.

ashlee said...

i just love these books. maybe i'll have to come back to MD for the movie night?!