Last Saturday Sophie and I had a mommy/daughter date to see a performance of the Nutcracker. It was fun to get out and have a one-on-one date with Sophie. She was so cute and wanted me to do her hair like a ballerina for the show - last year she had longer hair and I put it in a bun, but this year she settled for part of her hair pulled up and a bow. I should have called Mendy for tips on doing a cool ballerina 'do!:) We went with a group of friends to the ballet and which made it lots of fun. We sat next to Cami and Jeffy and it was a hoot to listen to Jeffy's reaction to the mice and toy soldier part. Sophie's favorite part was the different candy dances and she especially loved the Chinese candies dance. She asked me which part was my favorite and I said the mice, I just love the costumed little mice shuffling around. Oh and I loved the little angels - the little dancers that played them were so tiny and adorable. The performance we went to was a non-professional abbreviated version of the ballet which is just great, cause it's low-key and doesn't bore the kids; Sophie was great during the whole thing and watched very intently.After the ballet Sophie and I went out for a late lunch. It was fun to sit and chat with Sophie and hear all her thoughts on the ballet. I really am lucky to be the mommy of this sweet girl. Someday Nina will be able to go with us too and we'll make it an "all of the girls" tradition. This year Adrian and Ben played computer games (Lego Star Wars) together while we were gone (and Nina was napping) so maybe that will be the boys' tradition.

7 comments:
Yes, next year I'm leaving all boys AT HOME! Jefferson is convinced he loved it because of the mouse king fight scene. But too bad, he's never going again. I AM, however, having some lovely Ledo's pizza today, so that makes it all better.
It was so fun taking both of my girls to the ballet. We are going to go every year now too. I don't care for the mice. They creep me out in real life and dancing on the stage.
What a fun memory for you to share with your daughter. I love things like this.
How cute it that? Maybe one day I'll have a daughter to go to ballets with me too!
What a cute idea!! I may have to copy your tradition. Abbey would love to see the Nutcracker.
sounds like the ballet was enjoyed by all! your post made me wish i had a girl. for a second. :)
I'm so glad you came. It was rockin.
Post a Comment