Sunday, January 27, 2008

MORE!!

Nina made the sign for "more" on Friday and I was so excited that I got out the camera and videoed her doing it. We've been working really hard on "more" and I was so excited when it clicked for her. All during lunch she used the sign to get spoonfuls of the chicken noodle soup that I was having. But for the video fruit snacks were the bribe of choice. Other signs that we are working on are: baby, open, drink, and milk. She has actually signed "baby" also and it's so cute!!



Oh, and I think I forgot to mention that we did have her hearing checked a couple of weeks ago and she can hear just fine - the little stinker just ignores me half the time!:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, it's such a relief when little ones make their first sign, then you know it wasn't all in vain. Hurray for Nina!

Christie said...

Horray!!!!!!! GOOD GIRL!!! What a relief to have the beginings of communication! Now she'll pick them up so fast!

Cami said...

Wow, she is so persistent with fixing those little fists when you were already handing her the fruit snack! That is great signing! Way to go Nina!!

Miriam said...

It is so amazing how quickly kids grow and are able to learn. Good-luck teaching her more signs. I tagged you in my blog...so check it out!

Lynette said...

She is soo cute with her little signing...how adorable!

Corinne said...

awesome!! that video is a treasure :)

Meg said...

What a cutie. Way to go Nina!

Deb said...

how cute is that?? and so fun for you, too, to be able to communicate! jared only ever made that one sign: MORE! it seemed to serve pretty much every purpose for him. :)

and i'm glad her hearing's all right, too. that's one thing to mark off the list of worries!

Anonymous said...

So glad she can her hearing is okay. She's just practicing ignoring you for when she's a teenager. At least you're getting used to it now. She is adorable!

Julia said...

What a stinker for ignoring you!! You know, one of my older brothers wouldn't talk until he was about 3 years old--all he had to do was point and my two siblings older than him would just give him what he wanted. Mom had to put a stop to that and make him ask for what he wanted.

Great on the signs--I still have a goal to learn sign language...

Jeri said...

Look at her! I loved that see didn't stop until she had her fingers just right! I am so thankful her hearing is just fine.