Monday, April 07, 2008

3 Cheers for Ben

I just had to share the little bit of happiness that I received today in Benjamin's preschool bag - his progress report. It's kind of like a preschool report card to let you know how things are going. It gives yes or no answers to things like: "can sit and listen at story carpet" and "tries to participate in music and fingerplays", then there are places for comments from his teachers. He got all positive comments!! It really made me misty to read some of them:

"Works well with peers - Ben is doing much better! Ben is now using words. We are seeing fewer and fewer tears."

"Ben has really grown socially this year. We are so pleased with his progress and willingness to take some risks."

I too am so happy with the progress that Ben has made this year!! It's hard for him to get out of his comfort zone and I can't say how pleased I am when I see him playing well with others and controlling himself when something difficult happens. (In the past he had major meltdowns at home and preschool if say someone took a toy from him etc, but he's getting so much better about letting things go.) So yay for my sweet Ben and for a happy preschool report card!

13 comments:

Christie said...

Awww, Yeah for your little rock blossoming into a beautiful flower! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a handsome guy. So glad he's having fewer tears -- "There's no crying in preschool" or is that baseball? Either way, he's a man now!

Meg said...

That's great news! I like your new layout, mmmmmmmm, cinnamon bears.

Jeri said...

Yahooo! I love that little guy! Every time I pull out his name in Primary to help, I read his name out loud then think "Benjamin? Who is Benjam....OH! BEN!" (I yell that last part out!) Then I always get a good smile from him!

Jeri said...

Love the new look of your blog Jenni!

Corinne said...

That's huge. I'm thrilled for him (and you!)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ben! YEAH!!!!!

Cami said...

So great! Ethan got a good progress report just this last week too. No wonder they played so nicely together yesterday.

Brenda said...

I am so glad that he is doing well. He is such a cute boy!!

Scarlett said...

awwww your little man is growing up, he's using less tears! That's a sign of maturity! :)

ashlee said...

yay for Ben! so fun to watch them take those leaps!

Mendy said...

He's such a sweet boy. I'm glad he is getting his frustrations out in a better manner these days.

Julia said...

Yay for Ben!!! He is such a wonderful little boy, I'm so glad he's starting to open up and let others see it too!!