Saturday, April 05, 2008

Man Cold

Kellie posted this little video clip from youtube on her blog a while back and I thought it was hilarious and sadly its also a little too close to home for me right now! (Really if you haven't seen that clip you must click on the link and watch it!!) All this week I've had a flu or cold sort of a thing which means I basically just felt gross but kept doing all my normal activities (except for on Thursday night when I did crash and go to bed at 8pm). I had a sore throat for a couple days and then on Thursday afternoon and evening I just felt horrible with aches and chills. Friday was better and today I just pretty much have a headache and runny nose. It's really not too bad, but I can say that Thursday with the aches and chills was horrible....

So who do you think has it now?? Yes, my sweet husband. And to top it off it seems to have mutated to the "Man Cold" variety which of course makes it 10 times worse than the cold I'm getting over right now. He has a sore throat and seriously spent the whole night and all morning telling me how awful he felt and how he just wanted to stay in bed for a couple days... ARGH!! I would understand if he just wanted to stay in bed if he had the chills and achiness, but during the sore throat phase of this illness I seriously never even mentioned it to anyone because it just wasn't that bothersome... I did ask him to bring me home a shake on Wednesday night but he ended up not being able to find a fast food place with shakes and just brought me home a Sprite instead (same diff right??). Okay, I admit I am being a little hard on my sweet husband and he has many many good points, but dealing with him in sickness can be a bit... well... annoying?? I feel bad that I feel this way and I'm going to try to have a better attitude, but after just getting over this cold and then having him get it and act like he is going to die in phase 1 is just too much...

Alright vent over. I guess I'll go make him some chicken noodle soup and rub his head saying "my poor little bunny". Maybe that will work. Then I'm going to try to get into a more spiritual and happy frame of mind for watching Conference. I have a feeling there's going to be a talk on being nice and not writing blogdetta posts about your spouse!!!:)

11 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, the man cold. They are so very silly. I still remember when Jake compared his little cold to my morning sickness. Oooooh.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I can't relate at all. Chris never admits he's sick, even when he's barfing up a lung. I try to baby him, but he won't let me. So send Adrian over. He can lay on my couch & I'll bring him soup, aspirin & lots of liquids while he watches his favorite shows on t.v. :)

Joni said...

Jeff does have a tendency to tell me that he's going to die and that he's never been this sick before. Fortunately he also tends to hole up in the bathroom and just keep to himself. I like lots of sympathy and I tend to replay the whole thing to him, over and over... Get better soon!

Corinne said...

Oh yes. I believe we have discussed this before. My poor little bunny.

Christie said...

Hey, this cold/flu thing is really bad, I was hit with it on Wed, and I rarely go down, but by Friday I went down! It's a bad one. (of course, I taught water aerobics wed night, and thursday morning). You're a tough woman if it didn't knock you down! I am sure hoping that Brent Doesn't get it though, it is sure to be the worst MAN COLD ever!! :-)

Anonymous said...

bj had the same thing this week!!! oh man I can not stand it. Max just wants him to play. I don't like the man cold.

Unknown said...

Oh I loved the video and I feel your pain!!! My sweet Jared is the same way when he gets the mancold. There are no sick days for moms. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Deb said...

hmmm... i don't remember any of the general authorities saying "no blogdetta posts" so i think you're ok. :) it's good to release the emotions once in a while....

Kellie said...

Oh, the dreaded man cold. I'm so sorry. I hope everyone is feeling better!

the design boss said...

I am so sorry, Alan is a horrible sick person. I am not at all sypathetic, well maybe the first day but after that I just think that they need to buck up. We have to!!

Mendy said...

Ah, the man cold. Is there a worse ailment among us? If only I could count the co-pays wasted on negative strep tests...